THE CHILI COOK OFF
MKDB- WESTCOAST STYLE
THE CHILI COOK OFF WAS A HIT!
MKDB FORT SMITH, promoted their Cook Off in 10 days, 2 weeks and had an amazing turn out! Food, Family, Fun, Competition, Dancing, and Sweet Cold Drinks, all in just a two hours, they earned collectively almost $800.00! The entire event paid for itself and each member received 50% of their ticket and door sales!
THE CHILI COOK OFF -WEST COAST STYLE
Sunday, Feb. 28th, 2:30-4:30pm
Step 2 Dance Studio
How To Prepare For The Chili Cook Off
1. Choose/Create Your Favorite Chili Recipe
2. Select A Cool Creative Name For Your Chili
3.Brainstorm your station design. It should compliment the taste and title of your chili.
4. Buy a New Crock Pot or ensure your crock pot is in GREAT condition.
5. Buy/create your station decor.
6. Buy your small bowls , cups and spoons that are needed to serve and eat your chili. It is up to you the serving size you present. Go small or medium.
7. Purchase One Box Of Crackers such as : Club, Saltine , Wheat Thins Etc for the Toppings Table.
*Your station should have everything your taste tasters need to enjoy your chili.
- Decorate and provide the Fritos, green onion, chives, sour cream, etc for the Toppings Table
- Provide The Sweet Tea and/or Lemonade
- Tickets Are $10.00
- Entry Fee Is $10.00
- Ages 10 and Under- $5.00
- For each $10.00 Ticket you will receive $5.00 towards your account.
SETTING UP FOR THE CHILI COOK OFF
- Doors will open at 12:30p.m. for Station Set up.
- First Come First Serve on station locations and space.
- You may not reserve a station space for anyone.
- Set Up Time: 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- Show Choir and Jaden report to Miss K at 1:30p.m. in Dance Room A.
- Parents must clear studio with Crock Pots warming by 1:45p.m.
- All Performers meet in Studio at 2:00p.m.
- Parents return to main studio floor by 2:20p.m.
- Doors will open at 2:30p.m. (No Earlier)
- Supporters may come at any time for as long as they please between the hours of 2:30-4:30p.m.
- SUGGESTION: Bring an extension cord.