6th Grade Technology
By: Payton Jeske
- Each morning you start out for 5 minutes going onto Typing Web.
- It helped me be a better typer!
- Once you get past a certain level Mrs. Myers will take your photo and put it on the door!
- There are 4 different categories. Beginner, intermediate, advanced and practice.
Making An iTrailer
- You get to create an iTrailer about your choice topic.
- You get to chose your theme and what it looks like.
- I chose to write about my state gymnastics meet.
- Also you want to make the audience want to see the actual movie.
- There needs to be a theme or a main point in your iTrailer.
- Mine was that hard work pays off because I did good at state.
- You get to make a presentation about your dream job and put facts about your job.
- After everyone finishes you have to show it to the class.
- Make sure you make it nice because you have to show it to Mrs. Myers and the whole class.
- I made my presentation about physical therapy because that is what I want to be!
- You get to decide the font, theme, colors, pictures, and the words you want to say!
- Mrs. Myers gives you a few problems to chose from and you have to solve them on Explain Everything.
- You get to choose which problem you want to do and you have to set it all up.
- On your own you have to show how to solve the problem and then you submit to schoology.
- You have to explain using the tab that you can record your voice and then you explain the process.
- When you do the career locker program Mrs. Vanddenboggard comes in the technology room and explaines and teaches us about the program.
- We discover our dream job.
- Find out about jobs that fit you.
- Your personality traits.
- Take tests and find out what fits you.
- Look for colleges and how much they cost and which one you want to go to.
- In the coding unit you get to figure out codes to unlock something.
- There are many fun coding games that you have to make the people or animals do.
- Some comands for the person to do are move forward, move backwards, turn left, turn right, fill, dig, and many more!
- There are many different type of coding games that you can play. Some games that are fun are, Frozen, Star wars, Minecraft, Flappy Bird, Artist, and Infinity Play lab!
- When you play the minecraft version you get to make a house, or dig a hole and as you get farther you get to make harder things.
- In the flappy Bird version you get to make you bird move up and down by clicking: when click... hop and move forward. Also you get to pick which sound your bird makes. It could make a ding, or clap, or the Flappy Bird sound.