Fast Food Company
History of McDonald's
When McDonald's first started it wasn't like it is today, they didn't have happy meals or chicken mcnuggets. When Ray Kroc first bought McDonald's from the McDonald brothers is when he started to make history and opened the first McDonald's in Des Plaines, Illinois. It only had 9 items on the menu.
McDonald's Over the Years
When McDonald's came out the first thing that changed about is that McDonald's got the new trendy golden arches. A little while later they finally got to all the fifty states. Now it seems like it is ever expanding getting to 119 different states around the whole world.
One of McDonald's famous golden arches.
Picture of a McDonald's burger.
Ray Kroc eating a McDonald's burger in front of McDonald's
The Impact McDonald's has put on the World
McDonald's was one of the first major fast food companies that started it all. It was one of the only food commercials that could get into the first super bowl. It even has a hamburger university where you can get a degree on hamburgerology .
The Best Selling Item
The best seller and the most important product sold for McDonald's was...... their burgers. They advertised themselves in parades and signs but after 1963 they started advertising themselves on television also.
Only Watch Video Until 1:00
McDonalds Super Bowl 2015 Commercial Pay With Lovin
Fun Facts About McDonald's
- McDonald's first menu items were hot dogs not hamburgers
- 1 in 8 american workers have been employed by McDonald's
- McDonald's opens a new restaurant every 14.5 hours
- McDonald's feeds 68 million people every day
- McDonald's is the largest distributor of toys
- McDonald's golden arches are recognized by more people than the cross
- McDonald's makes 75 million dollars a day
- Used to sell pizza in the 70's
- If you live in the US you are never more than 115 miles from a McDonald's