Volume 1 Edition 5
What a SWEET family!!!
Foushee (9/20), Goodwin (9/20), Wright (9/22)
- Shout-out to Mr. Green, Ms. McGrath, Ms. DeYarmon, and Ms. Johnson for helping us get 203 looking good this week! They moved furniture, repaired cabinets, swept, cleaned, organized, re-homed items, and gave the meeting area the makeover that it deserved!
- Shout-out to Ashley Wall for the amazing NearPod PD that she did on Wednesday. Thank you for taking the time to differentiate the materials and help our SS and Science Families dive into NearPod!!!
If you have a shout-out please email it to Ms. Robinson! Thanks!
Professional Development Plans
Our leadership team has decided that our academic goals for the 2016-17 school years are as follows:
Math 7: 75%
Math 8: 70%
ELA 7: 75%
ELA 8: 70%
Science 8: 85%
Math 1: 100%Overall 78%
We are asking that every teacher have a goal addressing Mooresville Middle School having an overall composite proficiency score of 78%.
Based on your content/grade level your second goal should reflect the goal set for your PLC/grade level.
Your third goal for your PDP is completely your own goal.
You can choose to have as many additional goals as you desire.
On Friday, September 23rd, the ADMIN family will come around and sign off on your PDP in True NorthLogic. On September 23rd, your PDP should be completely filled in. If you have any trouble with this please let an administrator know prior to September 23.
We know this may be a little different then how PDPs have been done in the past. As you all know we are working Together as a Family, so we want to streamline our focus. Thank you all for being flexible!!!
Positive Phone Calls Home by Administration.
ACHIEVE @ MMS
Misc Red Imp Information Please Read Carefully
- We would like to spread the SUNSHINE AT MMS. If you are interested in being a part of the MMS Sunshine (social) committee please let Ms. Hamilton know.
- Our 2016 - 2017 MMS SIT Members are: Robinson, Jones, James, Pratt-Dixon, Genson, Hudson, McAllister, Smith, Szymanski, Crews, T. Fulton, Dunagan, L Miller, Kmonicek, Gonzalez, F Davis, Davidson, Huggins, Kennedy. Thank you all for your willingness to serve. Please be sure to read Mr. Jones email for further information.
- Just a reminder that if you complete any rating scales, assessments, or inventories for a student's doctor to see, the school counselor needs a copy to keep on file. Two reasons: your input becomes part of their educational record in case something comes up in the future, and if a student/parent changes what you wrote on the form, the school will have a copy on file to dispute the change.
- DON'T PACK A LUNCH ON WEDNESDAY, please remember PTSO will be providing us with lunch on Wednesday. Enjoy :)
- Traditionally MMS hosts a canned food drive in November to benefit the Mooresville Christian Mission. If your club would like to sponsor the food drive, please let Mary Royal know and she'll send the info your way.
- What makes you feel appreciated? During opening meeting we shared that one of our goals was to continue working on the culture and staff morale of MMS. We would like to know what makes you feel appreciated. Please take the time to fill out this quick survey.
- We still have opening for after school detention. Please sign-up for a date you are available using this ASD LINK.
- Please plan to stay for a staff meeting on Wednesday, October 19th. We will meet right after dismissal.
- Educators Handbook has some new changes. If you need assistance you can contact Mr. Jones or view this webinar.
- This year all certified staff will participate in a book study. The book chosen: The Teacher: 50 Critical Questions for Inspiring Classroom Excellence written by Baruti Kafele. We are applying to ensure that you receive 1.0 CEU for this book study. More information to come.
A Note from David Martin...
Please lets remind our students about proper restroom usage.
Looks like there was a group that enjoyed their sweet treat! We hope you did as well!
Sep 21/22- Picture Day
Sep 21- PTO Lunch for Staff
Sep 23- ADMIN sign PDPs
Sep 26- Chick-fil-a Night
Sep 28- Early Release (see schedule)
Sep 30-Club Day
Oct 19- Staff Meeting