Help Save the Earth
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
These are a few ways that I help the Earth:
- putting paper in the trash can
- using things in a different way so they don't have to get thrown away
- riding my bike to places to reduce pollution
Earth day history
This is a short paragraph on how Earth Day started. In the 1960's, Senator Gaylord Nelson thought it was important that we keep out environment clean. He wanted to start a environmental protest. Nelson asked Denis Hayes to organize a teach-in on April 22, 1970 to teach people to keep the Earth clean.
Earth Day Facts
Did you know that....
- dolphins shed their top layer of skin every 2 hours
- water that you drink may have passed through a dinosaur
- paper can only be recycled 6 times, after that, the fibers are too weak to hold together