Superintendent's Corner 😁 🏫 😁
Avoca District 37
In this issue...
- Staff Excellence - Opening Days
- Student Excellence - Opening Days
- Superintendent Goals for 2019-20
- Meet the Superintendent - State of the District, Finances, and More
- Board Meeting Review / Preview
- Want to be a sub? It's a great gig!
Staff Excellence - Opening Days
Student Excellence - Opening Days
Superintendent Goals for 2019-20
- Demonstrate an intimate knowledge of the operations, climate, and culture of the District.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the District's financial status and make recommendations to achieve financial stability to fulfill its mission and achieve its goals.
- Develop rapport with respective stakeholder groups in preparation for assessment and development work related to the vision for District 37.
- Collaborate with the Board of Education to establish a high performing Board which fulfills its agreements and legacy and is consistent with the IASB best practices.
- Successfully execute the Strategic Plan items confirmed for the 2019-20 school year.
If you have any questions about these please do not hesitate to contact me.
Meet the Superintendent - State of the District, Finances, and More
October 3 at 7 p.m. OR October 4 at 9:30 a.m.
I will be highlighting the following:
- My background and leadership perspective
- Broad overview of learning and achievement in the District
- District financial status and projections
- Seeking Feedback on a Framework for Budgetary and Expenditure Decisions
The last two items are ones where I am seeking direct feedback from parents and staff. As you may know, the District is facing mounting financial challenges. I will be explaining those in some detail and seeking feedback from you about how to approach our budget for next year. Please mark your calendar and try to make one of these sessions.
Board Meeting Review & Preview
- FY20 Budget (first discussion)
- Approval of Facilities Rental Rates
- Approval of Substitute Teacher Rates
September 5 (forthcoming)
- Finance Committee Report
- FY20 Budget (second discussion)
- Agreement with DLA Architects (demo on Avoca Center)
- Agreement with DLA Architects (Summer 2020 Construction)
Want to be a Substitute Teacher? It's a Great Gig!
$125/day (after 20 days = $130 day; after 30 days = $250 bonus; after 50 days = $250 bonus)
To find out more, contact the North Cook Intermediate Service Center at https://www.ncisc.org/licensure