Welcome Back for Grades 1 - 6 Tomorrow!
- Health screening/temperature checks will occur in the carpool line, before a student enters the school building and before parents leave the parking lot. While we will be doing the screening and temperature check, if your child has ANY symptoms listed below, please keep them home.
- All students in K and above must wear a mask at all times EXCEPT when eating or social distancing OUTSIDE for recess. If you would like your child to wear their mask while at recess, that is totally fine.
- Hallways have been marked with one way stickers to keep the traffic flow going and enable better social distancing for students.
- Students will clean hands with soap and water or sanitizer upon entering school, before and after meals and recess, and before leaving school for the day.
- Students will bring their own food and will eat either in the classroom or outside (weather permitting).
- Each classroom has it's own unit for AC/Heat, which will allow for air flow in the classroom. Additionally, windows will be open to increase ventilation (weather permitting).
- All student desks/chairs have been set with a minimum of 6 feet in between them and all facing the same direction to limit the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Students (and staff) will also be wearing masks.
- Music and PE will not be happening at this time, due to the high risk of COVID-19 transmission during those activities.
Grades 7 - 8 will still be able to come to cohorts in the afternoons.
While the timing is not ideal, we will have our fire alarm system check (with internal alarms) tomorrow morning. Hopefully, it will wrap up before school begins, but if you hear the fire alarm, it is just the annual maintenance/inspection.
We all look forward to seeing you in the morning! I cannot express how excited the teachers are to see the kiddos in person!
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19. All suspected cases will need to quarantine for the required time period or present a negative COVID-19 test.