November 18, 2016
BSE Spell Bowl Team Wins 1st Place at Regional - 4th Place in State
Message from Dr. Kaminski
Dear BSE Families,
This morning's Breakfast With a Special Someone was an absolute hit! Thanks to all of you for joining in and for your extra patience and flexibility. We served over 800 donuts to a crowd of 600 plus. Special thanks to Karin Cook, Ally Kistler, Christy Folkner, and "The" Bear for planning, setting up, and making this event such a wonderful one. We will certainly continue this event in the future.
Thank you also to all of our Book Fair volunteers and Kristin Patrick for the many hours they have put into making our Book Fair a success.
This newsletter marks the near end of our first semester. All of our students will take a mid-year NWEA assessment prior to winter break.
We also know that today might be our last day to be coat free. Winter is heading our way, so please remember that our students WILL go outside every day that the temp is at, or above, 15 degrees with windchill. Have an amazing Thanksgiving break!
Meet our Technology Specialist, Michael Moore
I graduated from Indiana University with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and am currently finishing an associate’s degree in Cybersecurity. In my free time, I enjoying cooking, running, playing tennis, travelling, and spending time with friends and family.
* Please be advised that, per Corporation Policy, our Technology Specialists may only touch or reconfigure devices rented through the Corporation. While they can offer suggestions, unfortunately they are unable to handle personal devices. For HSE rented devices, parents needing assistance can simply call and either have their issue resolved over the phone, or workout a mutually scheduled time with the building technician to come into the school for assistance.
Late Arrivals, Early Dismissals, and All Day Absences:
- Call the school at (317) 915-4250 and select option #2 from the menu.
- Leave your child's first & last names (please provide spelling).
- Include your child's grade and teacher.
- ALL DAY ABSENCE: Give reason for the absence. If your child is sick, please include a brief description of the symptoms.
- LATE ARRIVAL: Give a reason for the late arrival, and approximate arrival time, and let us know if your child will need to purchase lunch.
- EARLY DISMISSAL: Include the pick-up time.
End of day dismissal changes:
- Exceptions to default dismissal instructions must be put in School Dismissal Manager. If you're having trouble accessing SDM, please contact our office for assistance.
MATH Bowl Team Try-Outs
Come to the MATH BOWL Team Try-Outs!
MATH Bowl team try-outs will be held from 8:00-8:45 AM on Monday, November 21st and Tuesday, November 22nd. All fourth graders are invited to meet Mr. Anders at the front entrance on either day. You do not need to attend both days. On each of these days, we will discuss what MATH Bowl is and students will take a test. Selection will be based on results of the test. All participants will be notified if they made the team the following week.
The BSE MATH Bowl team will participate in the state contest on February 23rd.
I hope to see you at MATH Bowl try-outs!
Permitted use of school newsletters as required by the
Equal Access Act is not an endorsement of this group or this group’s beliefs by
Hamilton Southeastern Schools or the Board of School Trustees.
HSSF GIVING TUESDAY
We have a day to give thanks and two to find deals – and now we have one to give back. You know – Black Friday, Cyber Monday, GIVING TUESDAY! Let’s show our teachers and our schools just how much they matter! And it’s easy:
Step 2 – Take a pic or video proclaiming why you gave. Tag #HSSFunselfie @hsefoundation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram on 11/29/16. Use this Unselfie Sign!
Step 3 – Feel great this holiday season. Because of you, faculty and staff at all 21 HSE schools are feeling the love this holiday season. AND you helped build educational opportunities for local students not possible in district budgets. Want to earn bonus points? Share your unselfishness with a friend. Let them know how easy it is by sharing the HSSF Giving Tuesday Flyer
Not a fan of social media, but still want to make a difference? No problem! You can skip step 2 entirely or take a photo and send it into email@example.com.
Gingerbread House Workshop with Mrs. Beyrer and Mrs. Flynn
PARENTS' NIGHT OUT
Need to go shopping for the holidays? Need a night away from kids? Join us for Parents’ Night Out! A fun night for kids to play and parents to have a night off! Hamilton Southeastern High School’s class officers, National Honor Society, Key Club, Interact Club, adult helpers, and more will be there to help! Concessions include snacks and drinks - $1 each. Parents will need to come in building for check in and check out. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
When: December 3rd from 6:00 - 10:00 PM
Where: HSE LGI Room (13910 East 126th Street)
Cost: $20 for first child and $15 for each additional child
Click here for our flyer and registration form.
Fusion Dance Team Winter Clinic Lock-In
WHERE: FISHERS HIGH SCHOOL
WHEN: Saturday, December 10TH
TIME: 2:30pm-Halftime of Basketball Game
WHO: Kindergarten- 6th Grade
Hamilton East Public Library - Events
Click here to see our December events!