American History Study Island
Your one-stop-shop for Study Island help!
This Week's Quiz!!!
8th_SS_Study Island (SI): Quiz Week of 1/2 (Due 1/6)
This week's Study Island quiz is all about Adams, Hamilton and Jefferson!
Be sure to review chapters 1-3 in the textbook (Volume B) before taking it!
Website link: https://app.studyisland.com/cfw/login/
Username: studentid@txva (Example: 1234567@txva)
Password: txva (no capitals)
Did you miss a quiz?
1. Go to file share and download the missing quiz
2. Print it out and complete it
3. Scan it and email it to me
It's that simple! Email me with any questions!
8th_SS_Study Island (SI): Quiz 14 (Week of 12/5, Due 12/9)
Be sure to scroll down and review everything listed on previous quizzes (7-13). Once you are comfortable with the information, take the quiz!!!
8th_SS_Study Island (SI): Quiz 13 (Week of 11/28, Due 12/2)
This week is all about the creation of the New Nation. The American Revolution has been fought and won and the United States is working hard to find a system of government that works.
Before taking this week's test, brush up on the following...
1. The weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation
2. The difference between a federalist and an anti-federalist
3. The Great Compromise and the 3/5 Compromise
4. Define "Republicanism"
Take your time and do well!!!
8th_SS_Study Island (SI): Quiz 12 (Week of 11/14, Due 11/18)
Bonus video: https://safeshare.tv/x/ss57d6c7e3a02c9#v
8_SS_Study Island (SI): Quiz 11 (Week of 11/7, Due 11/11)
Be sure to study the folks we discussed in class before taking the quiz!
Some names to get you started...
8_SS_Study Island (SI): Quiz 10 (Week of 10/31, Due 11/4)
Take the time to scroll down this page reviewing all the helps from previous quizzes. Then you should be ready to jump in and take this week's quiz!!!
8_SS_Study Island (SI): Quiz 9 (Week of 10/24, Due 10/28)
Because this is the week of homeroom changes, quiz 9 will be excused if you don't complete it!
Go to the social studies portion of Study Island, find the American Revolution lesson and read through it before taking your quiz!
8th_SS_Study Island (SI): Quiz 7 (Week of 10/11, Due 10/14)
Before taking this week's quiz, review the following...
1. What is a REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT?
2. Describe the Magna Carta and it's influence on the government in the colonies.
Bonus Video: https://safeshare.tv/x/ss57ff0496c53ac
Make sure you review the chart below as well...
8th_SS_Study Island (SI): Quiz 6 (Week of 10/3, Due 10/7)
1. Be able to define the words ECONOMY and MERCANTILISM
2. Review the economy/land/weather chart we completed in class (Hint: watch the recording if you didn’t save the slides!)
3. Know where Jamestown was located and what crop helped make it a success
Take your time and do a great job!!!!
NEW ENGLAND COLONIES
Know the who and why behind the New England Colonies.
Know the who and why behind the Middle Colonies.
Know the who and why behind the Southern Colonies.
1. Jamestown and Plymouth - who settled there and why?
2. What are some differences between the Pilgrims and the Puritans?
3. New England Colonies - Who were the leaders? Why were they formed?
Bonus Video: https://safeshare.tv/x/ss57e3390129b73
Now take your quiz:)
8th_SS_Study Island (SI): Quiz 3 (Week of 9/12, Due on 9/16)
1. Brush up on the Bill of Rights. What is it? Where is it found?
2. Make sure you know the three parts of the Constitution. What are they?
Bonus Video: http://safeshare.tv/x/ss57d9930a317af
Now that you've prepared, GO TAKE YOUR QUIZ!!!!!
Need help finding a quiz?
Want some extra STAAR practice?
Blue ribbons - Do you have any?
Did you know it had more than just weekly class quizzes? It does!
Follow the steps below to enter the world of Study Island. There are many topics to choose from and if you answer ten questions in any topic with an average of 70% or better, you'll be awarded a blue ribbon!
Didn't get a 70%? No problem, keep answering questions correctly and watch your percentage rise! Get it up to a 70% and the blue ribbon is yours!
Just be sure to read the topic lesson FIRST. You'll be glad you did!