2nd Grade Superstars!
Week of December 14, 2015
Mrs. Morrison, Mrs. McLaren, Mrs. Wright
Monday - Math 7-5 & Read
Tuesday - Math Colorful Test Review & Read 10 min.
Wednesday - First in Math & Read 10 min.
Thursday - Math 8-1, Study for Spelling Quiz & Read 10 min.
Friday - no homework
What's New This Week?
In writing we will be working on our How To independent writing piece.
Words of the Week List #13
Spelling Journeys Lesson #13
free teach teeth please beach wheel team speak
sneeze sheep meaning weave eat read
Challenge: between reason
Test on Friday 12/18
The spelling concept this week is words with ee,ea. Click here to go visit the Spelling City website: http://www.crsd.org/Page/16692
On Tuesday we will have an in-class review for our Topic 7 test on Wednesday. There will also be a review worksheet for homework Tuesday. Topic 8 will focus on adding two-digit numbers, and using the problem solving strategy Draw A Picture and Write A Number Sentence.
FIRST IN MATH
Keep up with the great work on the First in Math website. This is a wonderful activity to help strengthen your child's math skills on different levels. www.firstinmath.com
* Winter Party - On Wednesday, December 23rd, 2nd graders will be participating in a fun food craft activity. A sign-up for food donations can be found on the following link and are greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
* Mystery Readers - You can sign up to be a Mystery Reader in our classroom! Thank you to those who have already come. We are looking forward to more!
Sign up here... http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090d4ba5ae2ea02-mystery
* Birthday Party Invitations - party invitations may only be handed out in school when ALL of the students are being invited to the party. It is also acceptable if it is a GIRLS Only or BOYS Only party as long as all girls and/or boys in the class are invited. Students are not allowed to hand out invitations to students outside of their classroom. These invitations must be distributed outside of school. Thank you for following this policy!
* Homework: Please review your child's homework nightly, and sign their homework book. Thank you!
* Letters Home - Great job on the "Letters Home"! Remember you can keep it short and sweet!