Schroeder Library Media Center
February 2021 Newsletter
FEBRUARY IS BLACK HISTORY MONTH
Black History Month Resources
- Swank Digital Streaming- Includes a Black History Collection
- Sora- Has a Diverse Reads collection that is "always available" through August 2021
- Famous Black Inventors- A website shared by FIRE's curriculum committee
- Scientist Resource- Please credit Ace Schwarz when using
- Famous Black Mathematicians- From Math & Movement in Ithaca, N.Y.
Please Welcome Katie Baum!
This past December Katie earned her master's degree in Library and Information Science from the University at Buffalo. Her bachelor of arts from SUNY Geneseo is in English.
Katie comes to us with both public library and elementary library experience, and is looking forward to working in a high school setting.
Please stop by the circulation desk to introduce yourself!
New Books! (Click on each image to see what is new in our collection)
The Contemporary Classroom: Using eBooks and Databases for Whole Class Texts
For an idea of how we might curate resources for your classes, check out this library collaboration with Mrs. Sergeant for her environmental science class.
2019-2020 Magazine Back Issues Up for Grabs
January by the Numbers
1742: Total number of student library users
109: Average number of student library users per day
2435: Number of database searches
154: Number of books checked out
8: Classes using library resources