REDEEMED YOUTH MINISTRIES
November 18-24, 2013
8pm - Worship
8:30pm - "I ♥ THE BIBLE"
12pm-2pm - OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
See below for details on how to pack a box.
9am - Church wide PRAYER
10am - Sunday School
12pm- Celebration Service
Can't make it on Thursday…?
[Check out previous streams below!]
Join us this Saturday as we prepare gift boxes for children worldwide! We are working with Operation Christmas Child. They have rules as to how boxes can be wrapped and packed. Check out their list below.
HOW TO PACK A BOX:
- Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box, lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
- Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
- Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child
- toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy trucks, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- school supplies: Pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- hygiene items: Toothbrush, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
- accessories: T-shirts, socks, ball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries).
- a personal note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may write back.
- do not include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Further questions… contact Douglas @ : Dpaillere13@gmail.com
High School Hang Out
Friday, Nov. 29th, 5pm
Yacy & Aaron's Place
If you are in high school, you are officially invited to YACY and AARON's house for a game night.
Please be dropped of at their house by 5pm. Contact Aaron for the address.
Who are we…?
We are a group of teens & young adults serving Jamaica, Queens united under one belief. We believe that God loved humanity so deeply, He sent His only son to die for us in order that we may live*. His death paid the price for us ... we are His REDEEMED.
*John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Nazareth is our home church. Check us out...
"Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?" Nathanael asked. "Come and see," said Philip