Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Please note: The school offices will be closed from Friday, March 29, through Friday, April 5, for Spring Break. Also, there will be no school on April 8 for TfT Training.
We are getting closer to the annual LCS auction. Mark your calendar for April 13. If you have a donation to drop off, please make sure to bring it to the west campus by March 28. All donations to the desert buffet can be brought in Friday, April 12. Still interested in donating a dessert? There is still time to sign up! https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=10C0C4FAEAD2BAAFF2-auction&useFullSite=true
2019 LCS AUCTION TITLE SPONSORS
The LCS Annual Auction would not be possible without the support of our wonderful and faithful sponsors! These sponsors are dedicated to promoting Christian education and supporting their communities! There are still a few Auction Sponsorship spots available. If you or your company is interested in supporting the auction, please contact Danielle Mier at email@example.com to learn more!
THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 LCS AUCTION TITLE SPONSORS!
Pro-Vision is America’s fastest growing video systems manufacturer, specializing in creating reliable, simple, and affordable commercial video technology.
Insignia Homes is West Michigan’s premier custom home builder, specializing in custom home design and construction, renovation, and remodeling.
Tru Kitchens Inc. is a boutique, custom solution for you and your home remodeling needs. With a full spectrum of design experience and the highest quality products, Tru Kitchens can help you make the dreams for your kitchen, bath, or closet area a reality.
8TH GRADE MUSICAL
TUITION ASSISTANCE FOR 2019-2020
LCS YARD SIGNS
LOOKIN' AT LEGACY PREVIEW DAYS!
Do you want your child to SHINE? At Legacy Christian we will teach your child to SHINE socially, academically and most importantly, spiritually. We invite you to consider Legacy Christian School! We will be offering a Preview Day on April 19! This is a “walk-in” type preview where you and your child may come to see our Preschool, Young 5's, Traditional Kindergarten and Spanish Immersion Kindergarten “in action”. You will have the opportunity to meet the teachers, observe the classroom and learn more about what Legacy has to offer for your child’s first experiences in school! Mark these dates on your calendar and explore Legacy! Join us on Friday, April 19, from 9:00-10:00 am. You are welcome to come and experience our Worship, too, at 8:15 am. Questions? Please contact Kim Zwyghuizen at 616-455-3860 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you had a chance to check out all the fresh, new and stylish Legacy clothing/gear? We have a lot of new items and new designs available to order in lots of different colors! This is a great way to help us promote our school and get our name out into the community!! Use this link to check out what’s available https://legacyspring2019apparel.itemorder.com.
Orders are due by March 31. After March 31, the link will be closed. So get ready for spring sports and order a sweatshirt or get some t-shirts for summer!
WEST CAMPUS NEWS AND NOTES
- IPOD Worship - March 22 - All School Small Groups NEXT: April 10 - Mrs. Lautenbach
- WC Worship - March 22 - All School Small Groups NEXT: April 10 - Small Groups
- Do you have a student in 8th grade that would be willing to volunteer at the LCS Auction on Saturday, April 13? The Auction Committee needs their help! Students are needed from approximately 5:15 pm-7:15 pm. Volunteering is easy and fun! If interested, please contact Danielle Mier @ email@example.com.
ELEMENTARY NEWS AND NOTES
- Weekly Worship - March 22 - All School Small Groups
Next Worship: - March 29 - No School Spring Break
- Signs of Spring? You know spring is coming when it's time for the Feelin' Good Mileage Club! We will need helpers at lunch recess on Mon/Wed/Fri to hand out popsicle sticks and to cheer the kids on as they complete their laps. We will begin right after Spring Break on April 10 and will go thru May 3. Please sign up using this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F054EA4A82CAB9-feelin3
- As we look forward to Spring Break, we will have "theme days' (elementary only). The theme for each day will be as follows:
- (Monday - March 25) - Wear Legacy gear/clothing
- (Tuesday - March 26) - Dress like a tourist
- (Wednesday - March 27) - Wear a favorite vacation location
- (Thursday - March 28) - Wear bright spring colors
- Volunteer for lunchtime classroom coverage. We like to provide lunch time classroom coverage on Thursdays for teachers so they can enjoy lunch with their colleagues! Sign up here to volunteer!! Thanks for your help! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054ea4a82cab9-thursday4
MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS SCHEDULE
APRIL 11 -- MOLINE - AWAY
APRIL 16 -- ALLENDALE - HOME
APRIL 18 -- CALVIN 1 - HOME
APRIL 15 -- ADAMS - HOME
APRIL 16 -- HUDSONVILLE - HOME
APRIL 18 -- CALVIN - AWAY
APRIL 10 -- WEST SIDE CHR. - AWAY
APRIL 16 -- CALVIN - HOME
APRIL 18 -- ADAMS - AWAY
APRIL 24 -- CALVIN CHR. - HOME
MAY 7 -- NORTHPOINTE CHR. - AWAY (5:30)
MAY 9 -- CALVIN CHR. - AWAY
TRIP distribution is coming! Please let us know of any changes from your last distribution by March 28. Statements and checks will be ready April 11.
TRIP Cash & Carry will be CLOSED April 4 due to spring break
Cash and Carry is open on Thursdays from 7:45-10:00 am, at the west campus.
If you want information on how TRIP works or how to sign up for TRIP, please contact Melody Newhouse (243-6472) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find a copy of the TRIP order form on the Legacy website under “Current Parents” heading, then click on “TRIP”.
Are you spring cleaning? Are you going through your cabinets and clearing out the clutter? Don't forget to TerraCycle those old or expired beauty products that you may be tossing. The Beauty brigade is the largest and, in my opinion, the easiest brigade to collect. Basically, any product you put on your body or hair is included. This brigade also takes plastic disposable contact containers / blister packs. However we can only take the plastic part, please pull off the silver top before TerraCycling the bottom.
Brigade Spotlight: Personal Care and Beauty Brigade takes ANY and ALL brands of:
1. Hair care items such as shampoo bottles and caps, conditioner bottles and caps, hair gel tubes and caps, hair spray bottles and triggers, and hair paste plastic jars and caps
2. Skin care items such as disposable contact blister packs, lip balm tubes, face soap dispensers and tubes, face lotion bottles, tubes and plastic jars, deodorant, plastic soap wrapping, body wash containers, soap tubes and dispensers, body lotion dispensers and bottles, shaving foam tubes (no cans), contact cleaner bottles and hand lotion bottles and tubes
3. Cosmetics such as lipstick, lip gloss tubes, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, bronzer cases, foundation bottles, powder cases, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, and lip liner pencils
Please note: We CAN NOT take metal cans or glass containers, but we can take the plastic top / spray tip / pump top. So pull off the plastic top to your empty aerosol can of sunscreen before you toss the can.
MOMS IN PRAYER
This is the last time to pray for our school, kids and community, as a group, before spring break! Join us this Friday at 8:45 to pray specifically for Lori Bolt, Kristi Slotsema, Kristin Lautenbach, and board members Ryan Musch and Tom Quist. As always, you are welcome to submit prayer requests anytime to Gina Huizingh at email@example.com.
FAMILIES BEING PRAYED FOR THIS WEEK BY LEGACY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Prayer is a powerful gift! LCS has always been able to pray for requests as they arise. Our school has also decided to lift up families weekly in prayer. For the remainder of the school year please read which families are being covered in prayer. During that week each student will receive a prayer tag for them to keep and remember they are being covered in extra prayers.
- Shannon & Alison Nachtmann - Alexandra - Prek
- Dave & Wendy Niewiek - Daniel - 7th, Kate - 7th
- Lou & Sara Northouse - Natalie - 8th
- Jason & Sarah Noteboom - Easton - Prek
- Kevin & Rachel Novak - Danyl - 4th
- Mark & Melissa Ouwinga - Paige - Kdgn
- Nikolaus & Ashley Owen - Taylor - 5th
- Michel & Christine Padilla - Sal - 3rd, Will - 1st, Rosa - Kdgn
- Brad & Faythe Patterson - Micah - 8th, Sophia - 7th
South Christian football camp will be held at the new campus this year on June 10-13. This non-contact camp is perfect for those who already play football and for those who are new to the game.
Register online: therozyhomebykelly.com (use a computer, not a phone). Register by mail: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/sportshub2-uploads-prod/files/sites/710/2014/02/24021221/Football-Flyer-2019.pdf
DON’T OVER-PAY FOR COLLEGE! Parents & Students: Are you worried about how you will pay for college? Do you worry about the amount of college debt students are graduating with? To help with these concerns, South Christian is hosting a workshop on Thursday, March 21, at 7:00 pm. Joe Harmon, a local financial planner who helps families plan for how they will pay for college, will lead this free event. The goal of the night is to inform parents and students on the steps needed to find the right college at the right price to avoid racking up massive loans. Here is what will be covered:
- Lay out the specific responsibilities of the parent, student and family for achieving college success.
- How to align student’s qualifications and preferences with colleges of greatest affordability.
- How to enhance a student’s competitive position to create more college choices and opportunities for scholarships
- Educate parents on strategies to get as much money as possible and wisely pay the remaining cost.
- Students and parents are both welcome to attend. While sign-up isn’t mandatory, we would like to have an idea of how many people will be attending. Please email Dave DeBlecourt (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let him know if you (and a spouse and child) plan to attend
Kirk Cousins' Middle School Football Camp-Kirk is excited to be running his middle school camp again this summer! Kirk has designed his camp to be about building character and having fun while enjoying the game of football. The camp will be held at Hope College on June 28 and 29. Kirk and his dad will also be speaking at a dad's/guardian lunch on June 29. You can register at kirkcousins.org.
Office Administration job opening for a local construction company. Job Objective: To greet visitors, answer phones, and assist various departments and office staff in a professional and polite manner. Weekly hours M-F, 30-40 hours per week. Competitive pay and benefits. Apply online at www.burgessconcrete.com. Please send a resume along with application to email@example.com.
Upcoming Dates and Events
20 - April Hot Lunch Orders Due Today
22 - 8th Grade Musical "Peter Pan Jr." at SCHS (1:00 & 7:00 pm)
22 - End of 3rd Quarter
25-28 - Middle School Research Week
28 - Report Cards Distributed
29 - NO SCHOOL - SPRING BREAK BEGINS
1-5 - NO SCHOOL - SPRING BREAK
8 - NO SCHOOL - TfT Training
9 - School Resumes
10 - Feelin' Good Mileage Club Begins at Elementary
13 - LCS Auction
16 - WC Fine Arts Night