Gavilan Peak Firebirds-We ARE GP!
Vol. 36 April 26-30, 2021
Pledgestar Fundraiser UPDATE...
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/gavilanpeak
- Click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event”
- Enter your name and email address, then click “Submit”
- Follow the instructions on-screen to register students
Weekend Challenge: the classroom with the MOST pledges by midnight on Sunday will receive a popsicle party with Mr. Pletnick and Mrs. Garcia!
Please see the attached communication regarding 8th grade promotion.
“Identify your problems but give your power and energy to solutions." - Tony Robbins
Motto: I seek solutions.
Talking points at home...
Before you tell other people about a problem, ask yourself, "Do I want them to give me advice, so I can solve my problem, or do I just want to share my problem with them?
What is the difference between wanting to share your problem with others vs. wanting advice from others? Why might you want one instead of the other?
Being More Active
- Move more. Try to get between 30 and 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Short sessions of movement throughout the day add up.
- Include physical activity in your daily routine. Walk as a family before or after meals.
- Make playtime with your family fun. Be active by shooting hoops or playing tag.
- Be active in the home. For example, you can dust, vacuum, garden, or walk the dog. These activities are good ways to burn calories.
- Include activities, such as hiking or biking, when you go on vacation.
- Limit TV, computer, and video game time to less than 2 hours per day. Encourage physical activity instead.
Has a staff member gone above any beyond? Do you have something special you'd like to share about a staff member?
Birthday treats order form
Weekly updates from administration for our families and students.