Arrival and Dismissal Information
Liberty Primary School
Patience is key!
Can I walk my student in on the first day of school?
We understand that if your child is new to LPS or just because it is the first day of school you may wish to walk your child to class on the first day. Below is the guidance for walking your child to class.
- PreK (3K and 4K) parents may walk students to class from August 2-5 and August 8 &9.
- Parents of PreK (3K and 4K) students will be able park, use the crosswalk and walk their students to the front door all school year. Adults will be available for you to pass your child "off" and will make sure they make it to class safely.
- Kindergarten-2nd grade parents may walk students to class from August 2-5.
If you plan to walk your child to class, you will need to park in the front parking lot and use the cross walk at the front of the school. Our staff will then guide or assist you where to go. Thank you for understanding the importance of following these guidelines as safety is our first priority.
Car Arrival Procedures
- Car arrival will begin at 7:20 each morning.
- The diagram below shows the locations for student entrances based on their hall color. If you have multiple children, please have them enter at the youngest child's hallway.
- Our morning carline will start with 2 lanes and merge into one for actual drop off.
- Blue and Green hall students will need to start in the left lane. Red hall students will need to start in the right lane.
- Signs and staff will direct you where to go and safely control the merging of the two lanes for student drop off.
- Please watch for children and follow the direction of our staff. It is helpful if your child has their backpack on and is ready to "hug & go" prior to you staff opening the car door.
- Students will be considered tardy at 7:50 and parents will need to walk them into the front office to be signed in for the day.
Cars will form a double line during dismissal (either land is fine).
A staff member will walk through the car line inputting car tag numbers
The system will notify classrooms of student dismissal groups
Staff will walk students outside, through the length of the car line
Staff will supervise and assist students as they get into their cars
Students who initially miss their car will be considered “recalls” - parents will be asked to pull around and park while the student’s name is called again (parents should NOT exit their car)
A staff member will retrieve the student and walk him/her across the crosswalk to their car
Please be patient. This car dismissal process is one that we have used for several years and has proven to be quick and effective; however, we anticipate that a larger number of students will be car riders this year due to the needs of our younger students. The car line will be long at the beginning of the year for a few weeks as kinks are worked out. Please be gracious and show your appreciation for our staff - our #1 priority is the safety of your children.
In the Liberty Area this year, bus riders will once again be dismissed in two shifts: the first shift of buses will begin dismissing at 2:20 and the second around 2:35. Buses will go to BOTH LES and LPS to pick up students before beginning their drop-off routes. Students may arrive home anytime beginning at 2:25. Please be patient: actual drop-off times may vary for the first couple of weeks of school but should become more consistent as routes become more familiar.
In addition, an adult is required to meet students in 3K, 4K, and 5K at the bus stop in order to be released off the bus. These students will be assigned an individual bus ride number (attached to their backpack) that will correspond with a bus tag given to their parent/guardian. These tags will be sent home with the student and must be shown at the bus stop in order for the child to be released off the bus.
If you have questions about pick-up or drop-off times, please call the bus office (397-1177 or 397-1178) for more information. Thank you!