From the Nurse's Office
Avoiding Cold and Flu Bugs
* Avoid close contact with those who are sick. Don’t share food or drinks with others.
* Cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or arm.
* Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
* Avoid touching your face. Eyes, nose, and mouth are great entry ways for bacteria.
* Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage stress, drink fluids, and eat nutritious foods.
* It’s not too late to get the flu shot!
Winter Activity Guide
* Ice skating and sledding are great ways to get exercise on a cold winter day.
* Ditch the snowblower and use manual shovels.
* Bundle up and go for a walk around the block.
“If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.”