GRE Family Gazette
September 9, 2018
Dear GRE Families,
This week we had picture day! It was great to see our students dressed up and smiling big for these milestone photographs. At this point in the year, students are becoming experts at the school routine, even with a short week. Some families may have received information about our September Parent Teacher Conferences. If you did not hear about conferences, don't panic. We have enough opportunities this Fall to see all of our families. Conference invitations and information will be coming from the classroom teacher.
The Mumkin sale is in full swing! As a reminder, orders are due September 19th which is a week from this Wednesday. We will also have our first Box Top collection this Tuesday. If you've been saving up Box Tops at home, be sure to get them into your child's teacher by Tuesday.
Coming up this week we will have our first Keys to Success Assembly. This will be done in our Eagle's Nests. Nests will be composed of students in all grade levels and assigned to a staff member in the building. During this assembly students will see a skit about "Respectful Listening" and then break into their Nests for a hands on activity. We are so excited to kick this off-be sure to ask your child about it on Friday when they come home from school!
Let's have a great week at GRE!
Principal, General Rosecrans Elementary
A Few Important Reminders:
2. Don't forget to sign up for the Big Nut Strut. The Ninth Annual Big Nut Strut will provide funds to all Big Walnut Elementary, Intermediate and Middle School PTOs. The goal of the PTOs is to enrich the students' educational experience by providing additional programs and materials that will enhance their curriculum, especially during a time when funding and programs have been eliminated. The 5K run/walk gives the entire school district a chance to come out to show their EAGLE PRIDE! Click here to sign up!
3. Are you looking for a way that you can make a positive impact in Big Walnut Schools? The district is in high need of substitute bus drivers. If interested, please visit the job posting at www.bwls.net/EmploymentOpportunities.aspx
Free training will be provided to help eligible candidates meet license requirements. If you have any questions about substitute driving, please contact Ron McClure at 740-965-8967.
Sept. 11: Box Top Collection
Sept. 13: PTO Meeting @ 6:30
Sept. 17: No School
Sept. 19: Mumkin's Orders Due
Sept. 23: Big Nut Strut
Golden Spatula Award Winners
1. Tell me something exciting that happened today.
2. Who are three people that you talked to today?
3. What did you (will you) eat for lunch/snack today?
4. What did you play at recess?
5. If I walked into the classroom, what would I see?
6. If you did today over, what would be different?
7. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Here's to hoping they spark great conversation in your house and mine!