Team Thomson News & Notes
October 1, 2017
Important Information for You!
Happy Homecoming Week!
As you know this week is Homecoming Week...Go Cards! We will celebrate with a Spirit Week as follows:
- Monday-Tropical Day, Wear your best tropical wear
- Tuesday-PJ Day, Self-explanatory
- Wednesday-Dress Your Best Day-School Picture Day
- Thursday-College Begins in Kindergarten Day-Wear your favorite college gear
- Friday-Maroon & Gold Day-Wear you favorite Davison, Teddy, or Maroon & Gold...Don't forget ALL Thomson Staff Members are invited to join our families in the Homecoming Parade. Hope to see you all there!
Data Days Follow-up
I want to thank you all for your thoughtful conversations and work on the IRIP documents. This week you will be receiving 'hard copies' of the IRIP documents in a yellow file folder. Please document the Parent Notification date as we discussed. Once Parent-Teacher conferences are held, you will document that date and then place the completed IRIP in the CA-60 and document it's creation on the Special Help card in the CA-60. If you have any questions about this process, please see Megan Campbell or me.
I know that lesson plans have been a topic of discussion and stress for some of you this year. In order to help teachers work through the new process and understand the required components more clearly, I will be available Thursday mornings in the lounge at 7:45 a.m. to help any staff member work through the process. This week I will focus on writing lesson plans for next week's MAISA Reader's Workshop lessons. Any staff member who would like to join me should bring the Language Arts Curriculum Map and MAISA Units of Study. See you at 7:45 a.m. on Thursday!
5D+-Observations and Lesson Plans
I will be finishing up Growth Plan meetings and have observation time scheduled this week. As a reminder, you have 48 hours to respond to 'Noticings and Wonderings'. This year I will be asking all staff to upload their lesson plans to the 5D+ site after an observation. This is not a weekly requirement, only to be done after I have been in your classroom observation. To upload your lesson plans, you will…
Select “Evaluations” on the Pivot tool bar
Click Documents from the drop down menu.
Click the green Add Document button
Choose Upload Your Document
Click Choose File Locate file
Add document description
Click green Add Document button
This will allow you to share your lesson plans with me without having to print them off or turn them in but will allow me to easily view them at any time throughout the evaluation process. Please remember this is only required after an observation.
Quotes Worth Reading
'WHEN YOU HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE, IT'S EASIER TO BE PERSISTENT. LET'S BE PERSISTENT! LET THE POSITIVITY SHINE IN!'
-Borrow from Mr. Harper's Newsletter...just love it!
Celebrations & Announcements
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Week of October 2nd-Homecoming Week-Spirit Week
- Monday, October 2nd-Tropical Day (wear you best (appropriate :)) tropical wear); Board of Education Meeting, 6:30 p.m. H.S. AMR
- Tuesday, October 3rd-PJ Day
- Wednesday, October 4th-Dress Your Best Day, Count Day, Picture Day
- Thursday, October 5th-College Begins in Kindergarten Day (wear your favorite MSU :) or college gear); Fire Drill
- Friday, October 6th-Homecoming! Maroon & Gold Day; Parade line-up begins at 4:00, anyone walking in the parade with our Thomson Teddies should be at the high school by 4:30p.m.
- Monday, October 9th-PTO Fundraisers are Due.
- Tuesday, October 10th-Science Curriculum Meeting, 4-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 11th-Staff Meeting, 7:35 a.m. (Agenda: Balanced Literacy/Reading Now Network; Behavior Update)
- Thursday, October 12-ELA Meeting, 4:15-6:15 p.m.