January 11, 2016
Mark Your Calendars
Tuesday, January 12
- Freshman Orientation @ MHS, 6:30 pm
- Administrative Meeting @ Ackerson (Jennifer), 9:00 am - ??
- Eligibility Due
Friday, January 15
- Jennifer @ SEMMLAA Meeting in am
- SE Team Meeting, 10:15 am
Jennifer will be running NWEA make-ups off and on all week. We apologize in advance for any disruptions.
And Next Week...
Monday, January 18
- 1/2 Day of School, 11:45 Dismissal
- MLK Day - Run Miss Baskin's schedule of events
- BOE Meeting @ Ackerson, 7:00 pm
Tuesday, January 19
- Eligibility Due
- Student Council Meeting
Wednesday, January 20
- CBD Shoulder to Shoulder in am?
Thursday, January 21
- DISTRICT Faculty Meeting, 3:30 - 4:30 pm
Friday, January 22
- Spirit Day - Show off your favorite decade!
FROM THE OFFICE
- Here is a draft of the self-assessment that your school improvement team had completed last week. If you believe that something needs changed, just let Kerry, Brett or myself know.
- Remember the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) process discussed at the November staff meeting?
If you have students who are failing your class or you have behavior concerns about, remember to:
1) Contact the family (and document!)
2) try some interventions (and document!)
3) Refer the student for a SAT meeting if you don't see any progress. Link to SAT referral form. SAT meetings are Wednesdays during Advisory.
- Dream more, learn more, become more!
- Critical information - phone extensions, schedules, timelines, emergency drills, etc.
- Text alerts through Remind - text @mms5678 to the number 81010.
From the SRSLY Manchester Coalition
The SRSLY Manchester Coalition identified a few areas that we would like to learn more about before applying for the big Drug Free Communities Grant ($125,000 / 5yrs for Substance Abuse Prevention in Manchester).
We are specifically trying to reach out to former Manchester High School students who are 18-24 years old. We would greatly appreciate any help reaching these former students.
How you can help:
Send an email or post/tweet the following message on a social media site:
I am helping recruit former Manchester High School students to complete a 2-5 minute survey about alcohol and drug use.
This survey is completely anonymous and confidential, meaning your responses will be protected and not associated with you personally.
Upon completion of the survey you will be invited to enter a raffle for a $50 Amazon Gift Card.
Thank you so much for your time and support!!!
Manchester Middle School
Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
To provide a secure, challenging learning environment which will empower all students to achieve their greatest potential. The MMS team joins the parents and community to assist students in developing skills necessary to become successful, responsible, contributing citizens.