Sunset Valley Elementary
October 17, 2016
Important Dates to Remember
October 17 - Letterland assembly for Kinder & 1st grade students and families @ 2:00 pm
October 18 - 3rd grade performance - At the Bandstand, A Rock & Roll Review program @ 8:00 am and 6:00 pm
October 19 - PTA - Game Truck, Laser Tag & Giant Hamster Balls for World's Finest Chocolate Winners - 9:15 - 11:15 in the gym
October 21 - Kona Ice for World's Finest Chocolate Winners 1:30 pm & at 3:30 pm for ALL families. They will be on the basketball courts after school.
October 24 - 28 - Red Ribbon Week
October 25 - Lockdown DRILL
October 27 - Black Creek Canine Unit - RRW Program 4th-6th @ 8:15 am & Kinder - 3rd @ 9:00 am
October 29 - Casey's Kids Fun Run
October 31 - Storybook Character Parade- dress up as your favorite storybook character. (No scary costumes or masks, please)
November 1 - "Nacho-Average" Family Night 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Our Campus Webpage
Who Ya' Gonna Call?
- Front Office - 817-743-8200
- To Report an Absence - call 817-743-8200 or 817-743-8218 or email email@example.com
- Nurse's Office (Anna Barnes) - 817-743-8220
- Cafeteria (Ednydia Rivera)- 817-743-8225
- Fax number - 817-743-8238
Keeping Safety in Mind - Please Slow Down!
When you enter our parking lot, you should not be driving more than 10 miles per hour even when there isn't a car line present. Be aware of your speed and help us all keep all visitors, our families, and students safe when walking, biking or driving to school.
The Principal's Den
- Thank you to everyone who helped make the first SVES PTA fundraiser such a huge success. Today was the day that I dressed up like a chicken to celebrate us selling over 250 boxes of the World's Finest Chocolate. Check out the video below to see me doing the Chicken Dance then check out our Twitter page @SunsetValleyES for more pictures and videos.
- To celebrate us selling over 350 boxes, ALL students and staff are invited to wear a favorite hat on Wednesday, October 19th.
- Students that sold 2 boxes will receive time in the Game Truck, Laser Tag and/or Hamster Ball on Wednesday October 19th in the gym. We will have a 30 minute rotation schedule set up for K-1st, 2nd-3rd, 4th-5th & 6th to come at different times. Rotations will begin at 9:15 and end by 11:15. Rotations will not interrupt lunch.
- Students that sold 1 or 2 boxes will receive a Kona Ice on Friday October 21st starting at 1:30.
- ALL families are welcome to purchase Kona Ice on the basketball courts on Friday, October 21 starting at 3:30
Future Chef Competition
It’s that time of year again for the Keller ISD Future Chef competition. The feature theme will be Healthy Comfort Foods. The competition will be open to fourth and fifth graders this year. The actual event will take place in March. More information will be coming very soon but the district wanted to get the word out now so when it's time to submit recipes in advance, your student will have a little extra time to start planning. They will be picking the top 10 recipes to compete. Again, more information will follow.
20th Annual Casey's Kids Fun Run
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Sponsored by KISD and Keller Council of PTAs
Proceeds benefit disadvantaged students of KISD
- Location & Times: Bear Creek Park, 400 Bear Creek Parkway, Keller 1 mile Fun Run at 8:00am / 5K at 8:30am
- Awards Ceremony will be right after finish of 5K at approximately 9:30am.
- Awards will be given to the Overall & Masters (40+) Male & Female; and the top 3 in these age categories
- The Casey’s Cup will be awarded to the school with the most registrations.
- Registration Info: Online Registration @ https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/6507012569
Or Mail entry forms and checks made out to Casey’s Kids to Casey’s Kids/ P.O. Box 1371, Keller, TX 76244 or turn in to your school. All Entries due by Wednesday, October 19, 2015 (to guarantee a shirt)
Please join Coach Dunson & the teachers and staff at Casey's Kids this year!
Student & Family Engagement presents...
ROCK - Message of the Week
Reaching Out with Character and Kindness isn’t just a once a year thing. We want our students, staff and parents sharing the message of R.O.C.K. every day. This year, KellerISD will be sharing a weekly message at all of our schools and in our community. The Weekly R.O.C.K. message will focus on character, kindness and commitments that each of us can make to prevent bullying and harassment in Keller ISD.
Here is this week's message:
When it comes to bullying and harassment, reporting is very important. If you feel that you are being bullied or see someone being bullied, please let a staff member know so that an investigation can be done. Remember, reporting is an important step in solving the problem.
Ft. Worth Air Show
How do you make a teacher SMILE? Chocolate!!
Reporting an Absence
text @9bc72 to 81010
You can also use the following link to sign up: https://remind.com/join/9bc72
Our Facebook Page
Follow us on Twitter
Sunset Valley PTA
Ready to Volunteer?
District & Community Information
Grease is the Word!
Tickets are on sale now for Grease, Keller ISD Fine Arts' first-ever District-wide musical!
The combined talents of all four KISD high schools' theatre departments and student performers will take the stage at the Timber Creek High School Fine Arts Center over two weekends, October 20-23 and 27-30.
Tickets are $10 per person and available online at www.KISDGrease.com.
Mark Your Calendars Now...
November 21-25, 2016 – District Holiday (Thanksgiving Break)
December 19-30, 2016 – District Holiday (Winter Break)
January 2, 2017 – Student Holiday (Teacher Professional Development)
January 13, 2017 – Student Holiday (Teacher Professional Development)
January 16, 2017 – District Holiday (Martin Luther King Day)
February 20, 2017 – Student Holiday (Teacher Professional Development)
March 13-17, 2017 – District Holiday (Spring Break)
April 14, 2017 – District Holiday (Bad Weather Make-Up Day)
April 17, 2017 – District Holiday (Bad Weather Make-Up Day)
May 27, 2017 – High School Graduation (at UTA's College Park Center)
May 29, 2017 – District Holiday (Memorial Day)
June 2, 2017 – Last Day of School
My son, Nicolas is a 9th grader at Timbercreek High School.
We love to spend time out on the water.
My husband, Erik and I have been happily married for 22 years.