Welcome Spring Flippy Fish!
It’s such a wonderful time of year! There is so much new life, new growth, new birth, and new beginnings in Springtime. Our Fish class will be discovering and exploring God’s wonderful creation in many of the new life miracles that He has created: Birds, eggs, worms, plants, gardens, insects, and anything else we find while exploring! We will also be entering parts of the universe in our Space unit. We didn’t get to do that before because of my illness so we will get to experience some of that here at the end of the year. It’s going to be a lot of fun!
Enjoy your own families and “little miracles” during this wonderful season of Spring!
Ms. Connie and Ms. Angie
Notes and Reminders
- We are getting close to filling our Fish Crystal Jar! The class has been talking about a pizza/ice cream party. We will let you know when the time arrives.
- We are hosting a “Spring Fling Breakfast” for the Colorado Assisted Living Group for our outreach project. Usually we have a Valentine Breakfast in February but that did not work out for us this year so we decided to have it in the Spring. We will be making centerpieces, cards, and practicing songs for the event. We will be putting out a sign-up list soon for items needed for this outreach project. Be looking for the information to come.
- Just a reminder…please remember to send appropriate footwear for your child for the ever-changing weather and activities we do during the day.
- Boots are great for when it’s warm but wet or there is snow on the playground
- We are always active during our recess time and P.E. on Wednesday and Thursday so sneaker/tennis shoes are great.
April at a Glance
- Birds, eggs, oviparous animals
- Insects (mostly in May)
- Loving Others despite our differences
- (Young, Old, Family, Friends, Elderly, Those with disabilities)
- Learn to “Walk like Jesus”
- How we can be like Jesus to Others
- 1 John 2:6 “Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.”
- Remembering the Bible Stories where Jesus was teaching how to love and live
- Woman at the Well, Washing disciples feet, Feeding the 5,000, Peter walks on water to Jesus
- Matthew 28: Teach all Nations
- “I Do Believe”
- Last Name practice
- Pencil grip practice
- Number Writing Practice
- What Hatches Booklet
- How many words? Identifying a word
- Flower Petal sound match
- Hearing Phonemes
- 10 Frame Counting
- Greater Than/Less Than Raindrops
- Addition and Subtraction Egg game
- Jelly Bean Graphing
- Simple Word Problem Solving
- Star counting
- Star dot-to-dot/constellations
- Countdown backwards
- Missing numbers
- Spring Fling Breakfast
- Moon Sand
- Slime (Yes, Finally)
- Orbit Activity
- Cup Countdown
- Science Blast Off experiment
- Oviparous Animal Sort
- Egg shake and Add, Subtract
- Write the Room Activity
- Birds and Nest Art
- Puffy Cloud Craft
- Little Miss Muffet
- Plant Life Cycle
- Mary, Mary Quite Contrary
- Hypothesis of growing seeds
- Worm discovery (with REAL worms:)
Some of Our Books:
- Chickens aren’t the Only Ones
- There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick
- Sherlock Chick and the Great Egg Mystery
- Easter Egg Farm
- An Egg Is Quiet
- The Lemon Sisters
- Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partrige
- Say Hello Lily
- There’s No Place Like Space
- Frogs in Space
- Catch a Star
- The Solar System
- Sunflower House
- Wiggle and Waggle
- Wiggling Worms at Work
- The Carrot Seed
- Mortimer’s First Garden
- It Looked Like Spilt Milk
- Little Cloud
School Wide News
Scholastic Book Fair Re-Cap
Thank you so much for your support of our first annual Scholastic Book Fair! It was so fun to see children and parents so excited about books and reading together. Thanks to your support we raised a little over $800 in Scholastic Dollars that will come back to the school in the form of new books and classroom materials offered by Scholastic. We will be able to add some much needed new books that align with our curriculum themes to the school’s main library shared by all of the classrooms, and each individual classroom will be able to revamp their reading center with fun new titles. Thank you!
Waterstone Preschool Summer Camp
Waterstone’s STORYBOOK SUMMER programming is coming soon! Online registration begins Monday, April 9th. Click here for full details and registration instructions.
- Class pictures will be for sale in the next few weeks. Watch your child’s check-in area to see a proof of your child’s class picture, an order sheet and payment envelope. Pictures are $10 each. The final prints will be delivered before the last day of school. It is a great way to remember your child’s friends from the school year.
- Individual pictures: It’s not too late to order your child’s individual school portrait. The galleries will be taken off of the website on May 15th. Please follow the directions below:
- Click here to access the site. Or go to: http://laurasmithphotography.pixieset.com.
- The galleries are in alphabetical order by last name. Once you find your child you can access their gallery by using your child's name as the password (first letter capitalized). If you have more than one child in the program, their photos will be together in the same gallery and the password will be your youngest child's name. If you have any questions, please email Laura, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field Day/End of Year Celebration – May 14th and 15th
What better way to celebrate the end of a great school year than with an afternoon of fun games and activities! Please join your child at 12pm on the last day they attend, either Monday, May 14th or Tuesday, May 15th. As usual, students will need to pack a lunch. Each class will eat around 11:30am in their classrooms. Then, parents can join the events from 12:00-1:30pm. We hope you will join our celebration!
April Fruit of the Spirit: Peace
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
-Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
Mark your Calendars!
Storybook Summer Registration Begins
April 16 – May 1
Order Class Photos
Last Day of School and Last Day to Order Individual Photos