Lone Star Elementary News&Notes 12
Information Regarding New Attendance Boundaries
For Your Calendar:
Tuesday, November 1 - 10:00 am, District Wide Veterans Day Event at Bear Stadium,
Wednesday, November 2 - Group Pictures/Fall Retakes
Thursday, November 3 - Pajama Day for Fun Run School Wide Reward
Wednesday, November 9 - Garden Day for 4th Graders
Thursday, November 10 - 8:00 am, Veterans Day Breakfast for (LSE Students & Their Guests)
Thursday, November 10 - 8:45 am, PTA Meeting in room 101
Friday, November 11 - 2:30 pm, 4th Grade E-Track Showcase
Monday, November 14 - Wear Blue in Honor of World Diabetes Day
Thursday, November 17 - Cup Stacking Event at MJHS
Friday, November 18 - 8:45 am, PK & K Pow Wow Parade
Monday, November 21-25 - Thanksgiving Break
Friday, November 18 - 2:30 pm, 3rd grade E-Track Showcase
We are AMAZING!
- Not only "put up" with crazy dress days, but join in to make it even better.
- Add meaningful "good choices" discussions and lessons to already full days (not only during Red Ribbon Week) - because it is just as important as reading & math.
- Start kids' days off with a personal welcome and greeting at car rider line, hallway, bus exit, and/or the cafeteria - before they even get a morning hug at their classroom door!
- Show up with extra costumes and accessories for the kids who come in typical clothes so that everyone can participate.
- Incorporate the hectic time of year with their lessons so that no instructional time is lost.
- Cheer on, run with, and sweat it out with their class at the Fun Run and then follow up with, "What a GREAT day!"
- Balance regular class activities with holiday excitement because "typical schedule" feels much more comforting to some kids.
- Get just as excited about coming to school each day as our students!
I know I am a little biased, but I think our Lone Star Staff are out of this world!! If you think so too, take a moment and let them know.