VCR Lesson 4
What's the word?
Owls are often referred to as _________.
1. wise; prudent (meaning acting with or showing care and thought for the future); sagacious
2. expedient (meaning (of an action) convenient and practical); taking advantage of the moment; shrewd
3. showing good judgement (not in VCR book)
1. the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.
DO NOT THINK OF POLITICS WHILE LEARNING POLITIC!
"S" (from the end of the word) = Society and
"C" (from the end of the word)= characterization
Politics includes societal views, while politic focuses more on characterization.
Other forms of the word
*These forms are rarely seen, because they can be easily confused with the more common adverb "politically," which, as we know, is not interchangeable with politic.
NOW YOU TRY!
1. As soon as her mother turned her back, the politic child seized the moment and grabbed a cookie from the jar.
2. Made evident by his political nature, his friends were well aware of his habit of turning an everyday conversation into a philosophical one.
3. The election signs rammed into front yards anger the impolitic neighbor.
4. The wise man had no interest in politics because of their manipulative nature.