Fourth Grade News
December 11th, 2015
States Project #1
Reminder - Book Project #1 is due on Monday!
Learning Target: I can select and read an entire book at my reading level.
Learning Target: I can complete a project that accurately represents the information from the story and summarizes the book I have read.
Learning Target: I can correctly use capitalization, punctuation, and spelling in my written work.
Your responsibility is to:
• select a book that you haven’t read before and is at your reading level.
• review the activity selection list & read your novel.
• take notes, jot down ideas, tab pages that will help you with your written activities.
• neatly complete ONE chosen activity from the list - BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME, THE BOOK TITLE, AND THE AUTHOR ON ALL PARTS OF YOUR PROJECT.
• turn in your project on the due date.
• Write a 1-2 minute radio advertisement persuading the listeners why they should read the book. Be sure to time yourself. Record your advertisement and email it to Mrs. Vaughan (wav, mp3 or mp4 files). After the class listens to your advertisement, you will be asked questions about your book.
• Construct a 3 part diorama (three-dimensional scenes which includes models of people, buildings, plants, and animals) of the beginning, middle and end of the book. Include a written summary of each scene.
• Create a presentation (iMovie, Prezi, ThingLink, PowerPoint). Include the following information—be sure to include pictures, text and audio (email to email@example.com, upload to YouTube or come in and AirDrop):
1. Title, author, your name
2. Setting (time, place, mood—be descriptive)
3. Description of the main characters
4. The main conflicts or event / plot summary
5. Theme of the book (What lessons can it teach you?)
6. Additional information
What's coming up?
ELA ~ Book Project Presentations
Writing ~ Information/Report Writing
Math ~ Topic 7/8 Test on 12/14
Science ~ Weather and the Water Cycle
Social Studies ~ Introduction to the Southeast
Read Aloud ~ Cryptid Hunters by Roland Smith
NO SPELLING NEXT WEEK!
Book Project Due - 12/14