Thinking About Your "To Learn" List
Teacher Professional Goal/Student Learning Objectives
As you are working on thinking through your Action Steps or your "To Learn List" we wanted to share a few flexible options that we have available to you as a PISD Teacher!
Remember, your action steps are always open for revision-so as you learn and grow this year, you can add additional learning opportunities throughout the year.
Updates, Additional Details and Information for Flexible Professional Learning Options are available on our PISD Professional Learning Website.
Check My Learning Plan!!
- Check out new activities making sure your profile in MLP is set up to get emails!
- Sign in regularly to see what is new-use our new Advanced Search Options to find learning that meets your needs!
This year, Goal Groups will be structured to help you connect your learning to classroom application, and will provide artifacts/evidence of your learning along the way. We will be offering each group learning session 3 times throughout the year, to allow for 3 separate cycles of learning, application, reflection and feedback. Join one cycle or all-this opportunity is flexible, collaborative, personal and job-embedded. Each Goal Group Session can count for up to 2 hours of Professional Learning credit based on your participation.
To sign up for a Goal Group, log-in to MLP and search the "Online Professional Learning Catalog" using the search term "Goal Group". Once you are registered-the information for participation will be shared and you will be on your way to learning with a cross-district team of like-minded teachers!
PISD Online Professional Learning
Searching For Online Courses:
- Type "Integrated Online Course" in the search field to find courses that are available.
- OR use the Advanced Search Options to choose the PISD Online Professional Learning Catalog.
Launching Online Courses:
- Once you have signed up for the online course it will populate on your main MLP Page under "Approved and In-Progress".
- Click the Manage Button next to the course.
- From the Activity Management Screen, you will click "Launch Activity"
- The Course will launch from the following screen.
Completing Online Courses:
- As you go through the learning, there are so many activities, resources and opportunities for reflection. When you finish the online portion of the course, you will need to upload an artifact of your learning before you "Mark Complete" and complete the survey.
For click sheets and detailed instructions you can click the links below!
This site has links to instruction sheets and information that will help you navigate MLP.
Online Professional Book Library
Looking for a book that aligns with your Teacher Professional Goal? Thinking about leading a book study on your campus? Check out our new Professional ASCD E-Books available to all PISD Staff! To access this collection, use the link: www.galepages.com/pisd_main.
If you would like to use a book study towards your flex hours-you will need to get approval from your administrator in ADVANCE! For more information, check out the Flex Request: Book Study in MLP.
Artifacts and Evidence
In its optimum form, artifacts or evidence of professional learning should be a natural, integrated part of of your work and learning process rather than an excessive added demand. The pieces of evidence to be collected should be those which are natural to the professional development activities thus requiring you to “collect” rather than “create” evidence.
Many of the online courses will ask you to upload an artifact before awarding credit. Check out the link below for ideas of what this kind of "collecting evidence" could like like!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Follow us on Twitter: @PISDLearns
And use the hashtag: #PISDLearns to share the great things you are learning!
We will be highlighting different learning opportunities and sharing the awesome Professional Learning that is happening around Plano ISD!
- Each month we will be drawing a winner from our PISD twitter followers to receive a professional book or resource!
- We will also be giving an award for teachers who tweet about their learning using the #PISDLearns hashtag!
- Follow, tweet & WIN!