SWHS Youth Career Connect
April 2018 Newsletter
Mock Job Interviews for Seniors
YCC senior Hannah Mills is shown introducing Forcht Bank representative Felicia Stomieroski, who conducted the mock interviews.
YCC Kaylee Roberts had a little fun performing a "bad" job interview for seniors to observe.
Senior Ryan Carrington demonstrated how to "dress for success" when completing his "good" job interview.
SWHS Career Fair 2018
- Friday, May 4: Registration Deadline for the June ACT
- Sunday, May 6: Hall of Fame Banquet 2:00 at First and Farmers Bank
- May 7-May 18: AP Exams
- May 8: On-Demand Test for 11th Grade
- May 21: Final Exams for 2nd and 4th Periods
- May 22: No School (Election Day)
- May 23: Final Exams for 1st, 3rd, and 5th Periods
- May 23: SWHS Baccalaureate 6:00 pm at Beacon Hill Baptist Church
- May 25: SWHS Graduation 7:00 pm and Project Graduation 11:00 pm-5:00 am
YCC Student Spotlight
Tanner McBryde is a junior at SWHS and is the YCC April Student Spotlight. Tanner has taken PLTW engineering courses each year of his high school career. He enjoys this career pathway and states, "I like how we do challenging and fun projects that teach us how to do all different types of engineering fields."
A well-rounded student, Tanner also plays baseball for the SWHS Warriors. The team has made strong performances this year, and Tanner would like to encourage everyone to come out and support the players. In addition, Tanner is a member of DECA, FBLA, and the National Honor Society.
As Tanner approaches his senior year, he will be making important decisions about his post-secondary studies and a career. He has already made some strong choices by selecting PLTW classes as well as honors, dual-credit, and AP courses that can prepare him for college-level classes. The rigor of his high school academics paired with his work ethic and positive attitude will lead to his future success.