We Are Together Tamanend!
November 9, 2018
Thank You for Reading Our Newsletter!
Congratulations to Our October Boomerang Award Nominees and Winner!
Kathryn Bell, Charlotte Brock, Ben Busick, Tommy Cornell, Ryan Dobson, Connor Endrick, Takayla Gary, Tahlea Grannell, Jude Guelle, Kimberly Gurrea, Sarah Hindman, Krishnakanth Katakota, Joseph Long, Isabella Markowitz, Leah Marucci, Mason McClintic, Maddie Mondoil, Hailey Reilly, Olivia Resch, Abi Santhirasegaran, Connor Saulino, Erin Smith, Liv Smith, Katie Spring, Derek Staedtler, Cheyenne Torres, Maddy Wojciechowski
Middle Bucks Institute of Technology Open House--Nov. 29
MBIT Meeting at Tamanend for Interested 9th Graders--November 19 During 7th Period
7th and 8th Grade Thanksgiving Service Project
Tamanend's 7th and 8th graders are working on a service project to provide a complete Thanksgiving dinner to several families in need within our community. Each Advisory is contributing specific non-perishable items so please ask your student what he/she has been asked to bring. We are also asking each student to contribute $2 towards the purchase of the turkeys. We are also collecting some items that can served with the leftover turkey! If for some reason you are unable to help at this time, that is fine. However, if you are able to help, please send the item assigned to your child’s Advisory and $2 by Wednesday, 11/14. Thank you for your help with this important service project!
8th Annual Tamanend Coffeehouse--Friday, November 9 at 7:30 PM
The 8th Annual Tamanend Coffeehouse will be held on Friday, November 9th at 7:30pm in the Tamanend Cafeteria. The Coffeehouse features a variety of student-prepared musical performances and is a great way to celebrate Tamanend’s talent in a fun and relaxing atmosphere. Admission is $5 at the door and hot beverages and snacks will be sold for $1 each.
Celebrando Día de los muertos
On Friday, November 2, Spanish students learned about Día de los muertos. On this holiday, the people of Mexico remember, celebrate and honor deceased relatives and friends. The celebration includes wearing costumes and masks and/or face paint to portray skeletons. As part of the celebration, 9th graders did face painting and 8th graders decorated masks. The 8th graders also baked and tasted “pan de muertos” (bread of the dead).
Reminder--The Next Meeting of the Tamanend Parent Book Club is January 10
Join us for the Tamanend Parent Book Club. This year, we will be reading Raising Kids to Thrive (2015) by Kenneth R. Ginsburg, MD. The book describes "the Lighthouse Parenting Strategy" in which parents balance unconditional love and high expectations with the goal of raising resilient and happy children. This book club will follow a "no-pressure" format in which the facilitator will present a summary of the chapter and open the floor for discussion. We will share resources and ideas with the goal of helping the entire Tamanend parent community navigate the challenges of raising adolescents.
Meetings are held at 6:30 in the Tamanend Library
Click here for further information, dates, and book information.
Please email Dr. Brian Caughie at email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
News from the Athletic Department
- Congratulations to the 8th Grade football team for a great season!
- If you are interested in participating in WRESTLING or BOYS BASKETBALL, there are several specific items (PIAA physical, Family ID, and concussion testing) that need to be completed prior to the start of the Winter sports season. Those items are outlined and explained on the Tamanend Athletics web page which can be found HERE.
- If you played a Fall sport, your physical is already on file. Therefore you only need to submit Section 7/Recertification of the PIAA physical.
- If you did not play a Fall sport, you must submit Sections 5 & 6 of the PIAA physical.
- For those planning to WRESTLE, whether you played a Fall sport or not…please register on Family ID and submit your physical paperwork as soon as possible as Wrestling begins later this month.
FROM CB SOUTH:
- Tryouts for girls basketball are Friday, November 16 from 6:00-8:30; Saturday, November 17 from 11:30-2:30; and Sunday, November 18 from 11:00-2:00
- Tryouts for boys basketball Friday, November 16 from 5:00-6:30 (9th grade only; in the auxiliary gym); Saturday, November 17 from 8:30-11:30; and Monday, November 19 from 3:00-6:00
- There will be a CB South baseball parent informational meeting on Wed., Nov. 14 at 7:00pm in Room D205 at South
- There will be an interest meeting for all 9th grade Tamanend boys interested in playing volleyball at CB South on Monday, Dec. 3rd at 6pm in the Tamanend cafeteria. Parents and students should plan to attend.
Reminder--Early-Bird Online Discount for Tamanend Yearbook
From now until December 31, 2018 the price of the Tamanend yearbook is $35. After December 31, the price will be $40. To take advantage of these early-bird online yearbook specials, click here.
Reminder--FEAST--Feeding Everyone at Special Times
CB Cares--Boomerang Award
Thursday, Nov. 15th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Road
Parent Council is an open meeting where all parents are welcome to attend to learn more about Tamanend Middle School. Parent Council typically meets on the third Thursday of each month at 9 a.m. There is no obligation to attend all Parent Councils and there are no elected positions. Parent Council is a forum for parents and school leaders to learn from and with each other, together.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Please Consider Volunteering at Tamanend Middle School
Reminder--Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2018-2019 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, and complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that ID Card and a photo ID to enter a CB school.
Reminder--Support Tamanend While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school after August 15th of the new school year.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS.
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oficina: (267) 893-2900