Why it's Hazardous
Using tobacco during pregnancy puts you at more risks for birth defects, ADHD, and the child being a smoker when he/she grows up. Also you have a harder time getting pregnant and you are more likely to have a miscarriage than a non-smoking woman. Tobacco has at least 60 cancer causing compounds.
Issues it can cause for the mother/baby.
- Increases your baby's heart rate
- More risk your baby will be born prematurely
- More risk baby is born with low birth weight
- More risk for developing respiratory problems
- chance of stillbirth
- More at risk for birth defect (cleft lip, cleft palate)
- More at risk for sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- Learning disorders
- May become smokers themselves (When they get older)
- Behavior problems, acting out ( ADHD)
How mom's can avoid this hazard.
- Give up your nasty habit as soon as you find out your pregnant!!!
- Eat well
- Exercise (no more than 30 min a day)