The Pettit Park Paper
Monthly news for Pettit Park Elementary Technology Academy
Each month, we will send a link out to our Pettit Park newsletter, The Pettit Park Paper. Since we cannot have visitors this year, this is a great way to stay connected and keep up on what we are doing each month at school. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
Online Education Fair
Check out the two links below to find out more about the programs offered at Pettit Park Elementary!
Sometimes the way we currently "grade" students can be confusing. We grade each standard using scale scores. Below is a sample of what proficiency scale scores mean. If your child is scoring a 2 or 3, they are usually on track or getting closer. Hopefully this graphic helps make it clear.
March Madness Reading Version
As part of our celebration of reading, we will be enjoying the books below during our school day and finding our winner for the month! Check out our social media pages for updates!
Hello Parents/Guardians of our Virtual Students!
We want to review a few items with you in order to help make our learning experiences better for our students!
- Please try to find a quiet place for your child to participate.
- Please try to limit background noise and interruptions from others.
- Students may struggle in bed or on a couch, so a place with a table and chair is ideal for the live lessons.
- We are required to take attendance for our virtual students each day. The attendance is updated at the end of each week. Teachers are also tracking attendance for sessions. Teachers will provide a weekly summary of attendance at each lesson/check-in session.
- Our teachers are working on recording video sessions in case your child misses a live session. These are a work in progress and often take time to upload…please be patient.
We appreciate your support in order to make this learning experience the best for your child!
We will post photos on our Social Media throughout the week. This is a great way to see what is going on in our classrooms and get to "see" into the life at school without actually being here physically. Please take time to follow us!
Learning social skills is an important part of life. We teach social skills throughout the year. The social skills below are a few that would be good to review at home too!
Meet Dr. Smith
Lyndsi Smith is the principal. She has been in education for 20 years as a teacher, instructional coach, assistant principal and now, principal. Dr. Smith started her own schooling at Pettit Park in elementary school. She also started her teaching career at Pettit Park. She is excited to be back home!