THE THORSON WEEKLY
Week of March 21, 2016
EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Sped Dept. Meeting - 7:45 a.m. - Computer Lab
- Jaguar Jumpstart - 8:42 a.m. - Gym
Tuesday, March 22
- NO Combined Grade Level Team Meetings
- Angela has an Elementary Principals Meeting at 2:00 p.m.
- 5th Grade Band Concert - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 23
- End of 3rd Quarter
- Forward Proctor Training - 7:45 a.m. - Computer Lab
- Angela, Amanda H., and Linda will be at a "Behind the Glass" observation for Reading Recovery at Parkview from 8:45-10:15 a.m.
- NO SCHOOL - PD/Record Day
- 9:45-11:00 a.m. - Trauma Kit Training
- March 25 - April 3 - Spring Break
- April 4 - Progress Reports due at 8:00 a.m.
- April 11 - PTO Meeting
- April 11-15 - Read-a-Thon
- April 18 - 21 - Earth Week
- April 22 - NO SCHOOL - PD
"NUTS AND BOLTS" NOTES
- All of 4th and 5th grade as well as Jean Van Sluys' 3rd grade are taking the exam on chromebooks. Therefore, the computer lab will only be occupied during the times that Karen Buser and Michelle Anderson are testing.
- 3rd Grade and 2nd Grade will be switching AMP times on the days that they are testing which are: 4/12, 4/13, 4/14, 4/19, 4/20, 4/21. Thank you 2nd grade for being flexible and allowing this switch to give 3rd grade enough time to test in the morning!
- Sarah Nieumuth, LeAnne Hengest, and Nancy Martin will be helping with proctoring the Forward Exam. Therefore, they will be unavailable during the PIE times that there is testing. Mrs. Theama and Mrs. Ehlers will still be available during PIE time. Please see this document for a list of PIE conflicts during the testing window. Other than those times, PIE time should go on as scheduled.
Progress Report/Conference Schedule
1. Progress Reports must be completed by Monday, April 4 at 8:00 a.m. Please be sure your information is all entered by this time!
2. Progress Reports will be posted in Skyward Family Access on Tuesday, April 5. Parents will receive an email on Tuesday announcing this. I will also send a Skylert call.
3. Conferences are Thursday, April 7 from 4:00-8:00 p.m. The expectation is that you have conferenced with all parents who have requested a conference. I realize that some of these need to happen outside of the conference night. Therefore, you may leave early on conference night if your conferences are all completed.