Volume 1 Issue 15
Points to Ponder
Thought of the Week: Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve.
Friday Funday: It's jersey day! Wear the jersey of your favorite team...even if it isn't the Panthers.
- A HUGE congratulations is in order for Amy Wilson and Jessica Bryant who won a $500 grant from Family Trust. The grant money will be used to purchase additional Rickenracks for use in math class for our younger students.
- The SIC sponsored "Spilling the Tea with FME" is Thursday night from 6:30-7:30. All are welcome to come and support the Leadership team as we answer questions from our parents. Light refreshments will be served and childcare will be provided for children over the age of 3.
- Book Groups meet Wednesday at 2:50.
- Data meetings will be held for grades K and 5 during their planning periods on Wednesday, January 27th. All other grade levels will have their meetings on Thursday, January 28th.
- Hugo the Hornet and the Hornet Book Bus will be here on January 28th. You all have done a phenomenal job with the read alouds...keep those slips coming! We will choose the winner next Wednesday.
- If there are children that you are considering for retention, please send me an email that references the child's name and how many contacts (meetings via telephone or in-person) you have had with the parent. We will send possible retention letters out within the next two weeks.
- Dorothy and Amy are meeting with grade levels on January 20th during your planning. If you have questions or there are topics that you want addressed during that time, please let them know as soon as possible via the document that was sent earlier this month.
8 Characteristics of a Great Teacher
Most Valuable Player
I would love to nominate Amy Wood for her tremendous help this week. Not only did she handle our very sick child Thursday morning before I arrived, she also helped me sort the array of clothing donations that I received over the holidays. She was instrumental in sizing, labeling as well as making printed labels for my shelves. I greatly appreciate all that she helped me with this week. Amy is also pretty amazing with all that she does with the children that she takes time to have lunch with.
I couldn't agree more! Amy does an amazing job going the extra mile with our staff members and the many students that she mentors. Congrats Amy!