Message From The Principal
We would like to extend a warm welcome to our new assistant principal, Mr. Shawn Ondrish. Mr. Ondrish recently served as the assistant principal at Watkins Elementary. If you get a chance while visiting during the book fair or camp invention, swing by to say hi and meet our new AP.
We also wanted to let parents know that although your child's schedule will be visible in ParentVue in mid August - there may still be changes and classroom assignments will not be official until you receive a phone call on Tuesday, August 27.
Enjoy the rest of your summer break!
Denim Drive 2019
We need your denim! 2019 Denim Drive has started!
Bring your gently used denim (any style, any size/pants/skirts/shirts/shorts/jackets) to GHES and place in the blue bin outside the school by the office.
The Chesterfield County school that collects the most pieces/items will win $1,000 for their school's PTA. All items will then go to Goodwill.
Together, we can put Grange Hall in first place!
Calendar of Events
Tuesday, August 6
- BOGO (Buy One, Get One) Scholastic Book Fair - 10:00 am - 6:00 pm - GHES Library
- Kindergarten Popsicle Playdate w/ the Principal - 10:00 - 10:30 am (3-5 playground)
Thursday, August 29 -
- Kindergarten Orientation - 10:00 - 11:30 am
- 1st - 5th grade Open House - 1:30 - 2:30 pm
Tuesday, September 3
- First Day of School - Grades 1-5
- Kindergarten staggered start date:
- Session 1: K students with last names starting with A-L - Sept. 3 & 4
- Session 2: K students with last names starting with M-Z - Sept. 5 & 6
Thursday, September 19
- Back-to-School Bulldog Blast - grades K-5
Tune in on Facebook on our Grange Hall Elementary page as Mrs. Jones reads a bedtime story at 7pm the night before school starts!