Welcome to Kennedy
DATES TO REMEMBER
1 - No school - New Years Day
2 - Resume classes after break
7-11 - Beauty & the Beast auditions and rehearsal
10 - PTO meeting at 6PM
12 - Beauty & the Beast Play 11AM - High School Auditorium
18 - No school - Workshop/Staff Development
21 - No school - Martin Luther King Day
24 - Kindergarten Registration 5:30 - 7:00 PM
29 - Hastings Instrument Fair for 4th Grade 5-7PM - High School (Also Feb 4th, 6-8PM)
You and your child are invited to visit Kindergarten classrooms, meet Kindergarten teachers, turn in registration/enrollment forms, and tour the school.
Music Informance for Kindergarten and First Graders
Kennedy will be hosting a Music Informance for Kindergarten and First Graders the week of January 22nd-25th.
A Music Informance is a chance to see your child perform in the music class room. You will get to see what your student is working on and a little bit of background about the foundations of Hastings Elementary Music Program.
Informances are held during your child’s Music Specialist time. The music room space is limited: Please check with your classroom teachers and the class newsletter for when your scheduled day will be. Please limit your family to one or two guests at most, since we have a smaller room; this helps us have the space we need to perform and move.
Please call the attendance line at 651-480-7220, each morning, to report when your child(ren) will not be attending school
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF REMINDERS
- Whenever possible, prepare your child(ren) to exit the vehicle on the curbside.
- Please pull up as far as you can, so other cars can drop off behind you.
- Do not park your car along the curb and come into the building. If you need to come into the building for any reason, please park in one of our parking lots.
- Ensure you have clear visibility out all of your windows.
Drop off times are from 8:30 am-8:50 am. Children should not be dropped off before 8:30. If your child is going to breakfast, you may drop off at 8:25 am and have them go directly to the cafeteria.
If you need to drop off before the 8:30 bell, you can enroll your child in Kids Campus. Further information about Kid’s Campus can be obtained from the district’s website, the Kennedy webpage, or from our office.
KEEPING OUR CHILDREN SAFE
Your child's safety is of prime importance to us. There are a few procedure guidelines that help us maintain a secured building and limit the number of distractions to our classrooms. Our building is designed to have a single entry point during the school day. Please keep the following in mind:
- Always check in at the office whenever you are at school.
- When delivering things for your child (ex. snow gear), please drop them off at the office. We will deliver articles or call your child down to the office.
- When picking up your child early from school, please do so by signing them out at the office. The office personnel will contact your child’s teacher to dismiss them.