The GlobalEdCon Presenter Guide
Prepare for Your Global Education Conference Presentation
The 2019 Global Education Conference
Monday, Nov. 18th, 10am to Wednesday, Nov. 20th, 4pm
This is an online event.
- NEW! We have a Whats App group for presenters only. Click here to join: https://chat.whatsapp.com/Cn84M3dKpId3pgiDOyPhaW
- Connect with other conference attendees and find important information on Twitter. Our account is @GlobalEdCon and the event hashtag is #globaled19.
- Help us publicize this conference. Share this flyer and use the resources here.
- All sessions will be available in our archives in Blackboard Collaborate, MP3, and MP4 formats. You can play recordings from our archives page or download them. We encourage presenters to upload their own sessions to platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud.
- Let's keep the spirit of the conference going year-round by continuing conversations in our discussion forum, sharing resources over social media, and inviting fellow community members to projects.
Attendees can see the entire conference schedule in their own time zone. The links in each calendar entry are the ones the public use to enter session rooms. Direct friends and colleagues to this page if they want to see your presentation.
This flyer gives step-by-step directions for participating the conference. Share this on social media and send to friends and colleagues.
This links will be available closer to the conference.
All sessions are recorded and archived. They should be available shortly after everyone has left a session room.
Conference organizers and volunteers will be in the conference lounge during the conference if you need help. Also, you can use the chat room on the front page of our main website to ask for help. http://globaleducationconference.com.
Blackboard Collaborate Troubleshooting Tips
If you are experiencing difficulty entering one of our Blackboard Collaborate session rooms, try the following.
- Make sure Java is updated on your computer.
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Try another browser.
If you are still experiencing issues, visit the front page of our main website and login. There is a chat room on the front page, and if you post there, we'll do our best to help you!
If you are having Java issues on a Mac, try some of these tips:
Need to change your presentation time? Email Steve Hargadon at hargadon.com
Important information for presenters is posted in this group. Make sure to browse the posts in here.
Watch the recording if you can't make one of these! Steve will be sending this soon.
This document contains detailed information on how to prepare for your presentation.
Help us get the word out about the conference and your individual session. Use our sample tweets, images and more.
All hands on deck! Support your fellow presenters and take in a few sessions. This is also a great way to meet other global educators.