Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
Monday, May 28, 2018
LCES United: Together We Are More!
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
Some notable campus improvements and investments in 2017-18 were possible thanks to the generous contributions of our families during PTC fundraisers (i.e. dine outs, firework sales, APEX and Believe):
- new die-cut machine for staff room
- ice maker and deep freezer for staff room
- new security cameras on campus
- purchase of a table mover for our facilities team
- installation of chilled water fountain by tether ball courts
- financial contributions of about $18,000 to our staff (K-5 classroom, science, musical theater, science, music, library, garden) for materials, field trips, and classroom activities
- hosted two incredible book fairs that will provide additional books for our library
- purchased $16,000 in additional chromebooks - aim is to get to 2 carts/grade; we purchased individual chromebooks to be distributed to each classroom in the meantime
- financial contribution of $3000 to support iReady online Reading & Math intervention programs for K-5
- contribution of funds to support hiring of additional supervisor to co-manage field usage at lunch this fall
We also have our PTC to thank for amazing activities that build our school's community - they organize our dine outs, fall playground night, fall carnival, APEX, WatchDogs Mother/Son night, Daddy/Daughter Dance, Believe fundraiser, Paint Night, spring BBQ and more.
LCE is a great place to learn and grow - and we are grateful to our PTC as important partners in our endeavors.
LCES Community Gathering
Please join use for a LCE community gathering on Tues., 5/29 from 2:50-3:50ish in the library. Mrs. Hladun will share some of the key outcomes from our school survey and host a discussion to inform our next steps as a school site. There will be light snacks available and child care for potty trained kiddos.
Please consider joining us - your reflections and thoughts are valuable and will help us move our school forward! Our hope is to continue to have discussions like this throughout the upcoming school year around topics of interest.
SBAC & CAST Testing 2018 is in the Books
I'm proud to report that we were able to achieve 100% completion on all of our state testing for students who were at school during our testing window. The district's goal was 95%, so I'm very proud of our staff, students, and families for going above and beyond!
Results are already coming out and we'll keep you posted on our outcomes!
WPUSD Summer Camps
- cake decorating (for current 4th and 5th graders)
- robotics (for current 5th graders)
- stop motion animation (for current 5th graders)
Get more information and find out how to sign up on our website.
- Mon., 5/28: No School - Memorial Day
- Tues., 5/29-Fri., 6/1: 5th Grade Fort Bragg Trip - families - watch our website for updates!
- Wed., 5/30, 8:55-9:30 am: LHS Senior Parade - come join us!
- Fri., 6/1: Dress Up Day - Hawaiian Day
- Week of 6/4-6/7: Early Release Week (1:40 dismissal for grades 1-5; ER Monday schedule for K)
- Mon., 6/4: End of Semester 2 Awards Ceremonies for grades 1-4
- Tues. 6/5: Election Day - the LCE MPR will be used all day/evening
- Wed., 6/6: 5th grade Awards & Breakfast
- Thurs., 6/7: Kinder End of Year Awards & Celebration & the Last Day of School!
*many classrooms have their own 'end of year' celebrations -
please check in with your teacher for those details!*
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Awesome! Click for details!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Spring Book Fair 2018
"You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book." - Dr. Seuss