The Raider Lead
Welcome to "The Raider Lead" Newsletter
A Message from the Principal
Hello, Raider Family,
Welcome to the September edition of the Raider Lead school newsletter! We will be studying Habit 1 this month--Be Proactive. Please be sure to check out our September Home Habit Huddle below to learn more about Habit 1 as a family. You will also find important announcements and information about our upcoming events.
Please continue to uplift our students, families, staff, and community in prayer.
" For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Raiders always lead the way!
Angela A. Tanner
Highlights for the Month of September
- Our PTO will be sponsoring a school fundraiser! Please stay tuned for details!
- 9/6- Labor Day Holiday: No School
- 9/14- Raider Rally/ Title I Family Night @ 7pm (Virtual Event)
- 9/17- Grandparent Parade (Drive-Through)! See the details below! (We will not be able to host a live events for grandparents at this time. We will monitor the situation, and hopefully will be able to host a face-to-face event later in the fall!)
- 9/27- FSD2 Board Meeting 7:00 @ District Office Boardroom
- 9/30- Fall Picture Day
Breakfast and Lunch Menus for August
ALL STUDENTS will receive breakfast and lunch at NO COST for the 2021-2022 school year.
Raider RN Report
Tips for helping your Raider nurses:
1. Please make sure you have an updated phone number on record with the school
2. Please notify the nursing staff when your child is out sick
3 If your child has a Covid test done, please do not send them back to school until you have confirmed negative test results. The school will need medical documentation to excuse any absences during this period.
4. Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send your child's Covid results the day prior or on the day they return to school
Thank you for helping us to provide the best care for your children! Together we will overcome any obstacles and have a successful school year.
Mary Alice Faulkenberry,RN
September Home Habit Huddle!
We are studying Habit 1, Be Proactive, for the month of September. Use the September Home Habit Huddle guide to learn more about what it means to be proactive!
HPEM Virtual Expectations and Information for Parents
Be aware that in order for a student to be counted "present" for a day of virtual attendance, assignments must be completed and submitted by the due dates established by the teacher. Parents should notify the teacher if the student is sick during virtual attendance just as they would when a student is sick during face-to-face instruction. Any medical documentation and/or parent notes need to likewise be submitted to the school as normal.
We are working diligently to address internet needs. Please stay in contact with your child's teacher if you are waiting for a hot spot.
Raider Rally/ Title I Family Night (Virtual)
Tuesday, Sep. 14th, 7pm
This is an online event.
Our students will be sharing information with you about Habit 1--Be Proactive. In this meeting we will also share important Title I Information regarding Parents' Right to Know, and our PTO president will share announcements and upcoming participation opportunities.
Important Title I Information and Documents
Please provide any feedback or recommendations that you have regarding our Family Engagement and/or Parent Compact Policies. You can find the polices and survey below.