Feral pigs & Potential Effects
Feral pigs and local effects.
$52 million in agriculture damages each year in Texas!
Feral pigs carry diseases!
1. It’s possible to to identify the breed of a given feral hog by its color markings
2. Recreational hunting alone can’t control feral hog populations
3. Actual number of feral hogs in the state of Texas…. no known actual number
4. They are not native to the land5. They are not solely located in Texas, OK, FL, and many other southern states.
1. Can spread deadly diseases to both animals and humans.
2. $52 million in agriculture damages each year in Texas alone
3. Foul water sources for native wildlife and humans.
4. Females are capable of having 2 litters per year5. 60 to 70 percent of the population would have to be removed annually