We Are Together Tamanend!
July 1, 2013
At our closing ceremony, we honored and said farewell to 296 Freshmen and awarded students for their achievments. Of our major awards for 9th Graders, Carolyn S. and Luke K. received the West Point Outstanding Leader Awards. Dan M. received the Tiger I's Award. Julia F. received the Chieftain Award; and, Renee M received both the Tamanend Award and the Honor of Addressing the Assembly.
Additionally, we said thank you and goodbye to several TMS staff members who are moving on to other CB schools or experiences. In particular, we wished Mrs. Maureen Tobin and Mrs. Barbara Crouthamel all of the best in their retirements. We wished Mr. Timothy Donovan well as he assumes the role of Principal of Lenape Middle School.
Congratulations to all of our students and staff for their persistance in hard work this past year! Enjoy a well-deserved summer of fun with your families!
Welcome Mr. Boyle
We are thrilled to welcome Mr. Jonathan Boyle as our new Assistant Principal. Mr. Boyle has had a distinguished career in Central Bucks starting back in 1999 as a Business and Computer Applications teacher at Unami Middle School where he also served as Dean of Students. This past year he taught at East High School after serving at Lenape Middle School as Acting Assistant Principal.
Final Report Cards for 2012-13 Were Sent Home Last Week
Students who owe obligations such as books or fines, cafeteria moneys or uniforms will not be able to receive their report cards or schedules in the mail or through the student/parent portal until those obligations are reconciled. Obligations for 9th graders carry over to C.B. South. If your son or daughter owes obligations, please come to Tamanend's Main Office as soon as possible to clear those obligations. Our office is open Monday through Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. this summer except this first week of July; we are closed on July 4th for Independence Day.
9/11 Heroes Run
The TMS Health & Wellness Committee wants to challenge you this summer to train for the 9/11 Heroes Run in Doylestown next fall. What better way to kick off the school year than to do something healthy, in service to others, together! The Heroes Run will be held on Sunday, September 15, 2013. So, mark your calendars and register under the "Tamanend Tiger" group by following these easy steps:
Step 1: Click on this link: http://911heroesrundoylestown.eventbrite.com/
Step 2: Select Individual Registration
Step 3: Under individual registion, select "Tamanend Tigers" as your team.
Follow TMS on Twitter
You won't want to miss all of the great "Tiger Tweets" that we send out! Student acheivements, innovative and relevant lessons, moments of Together Tamanend... it is good stuff.
If you want to follow us but you are not sure how to open an account, go to www.Twitter.com. Sign up for an account. It is free!
As with all social media, if you allow your students to create an account, we recommend that they make their account "private" and that you follow them in order to stay in touch with their online activities.
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Highlighted in a Previous Tamanend Connections:
- 2013-2014 CBSD Calendar
- Tamanend is helping to Save Kids Castle! Click here to donate your time, talent or money. To learn more about this worthwhile community service project, you can follow it on Twitter @SaveKidsCastle.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.
Tamanend Together is...
Click here to read a letter from Mrs. Dolan. She thanked us once again for working together in service with the the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund Team. She included a special note to our departing 9th Graders which was read to the school at our closing ceremony.
In the June edition of the KAD newsletter, The Bright Side, the Dolan Fund thanked its young supporters and featured Tamanend Middle School as its top school donor. We are proud to also see Barclay Elementary School on the list of schools who contribute to the important work of the Fund!