Wayland Union High School
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year!
August 9: Guidance Staff Office Hours - Seniors
August 10: Guidance Staff Office Hours - Juniors
August 11: Guidance Staff Office Hours - Sophomores and Freshmen
August 15: Freshman Orientation
August 17: High School Open House and Picture Day
August 21: First Day of School (Half Day)
September 1-4: No School - Labor Day
Please be sure to review your schedule through the Student Portal. We have time set aside for students to meet with their counselors to make any necessary changes.
Wednesday, August 9, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 10, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
SOPHMORES AND FRESHMEN
Friday, August 11, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
If you've contacted your counselor via email regarding a schedule change and have not received a reply, it's because counselors return to the office on August 9. Schedule changes can be made in person on your assigned day.
Freshmen can also sign up for a locker in the Main Office during this time!
New students will be contacted by the high school to set up an appointment to meet with your counselor and schedule your classes!
OPEN HOUSE AND PICTURE DAY
- This year's open house will be on Thursday, August 17th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Photographers will be set up in the Auditorium for school pictures. We will have a re-take day in the fall as well.
- Student schedules can be printed in the Main Office or in the Fine Arts Center during open house. Schedules can be reviewed ahead of time by logging into your Infinite Campus Portal.
- Teachers will be in or near their classrooms to meet students and parents.
- The Main Office and Athletic Office will be open.
- A map of the school will also be provided for those who wish to take a tour of the building.
- Medication forms can be picked up and completed in the Main Office.
- Freshmen can get their locker assignments.
Picture Day is coming up on 8/17/23! Order before Picture Day to receive free shipping to the school. Order online at https://inter-state.com/FlyerEntry/81090XF.
Order Code is 81090XF
Here is the agenda for the evening:
6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: Student Council will give an introduction
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.: Scavenger Hunt
7:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.: Fun on the Football Field with activities planned!
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
The high school dismisses at 10:35 a.m.
A limited number of yearbooks can be purchased at Open House for $60, while supplies last. (Cash accepted or check payable to Wayland Union Schools).
More details will be shared.
Seniors only...Come kickoff your SENIOR year!
Meet at the Football field at 6:45am before your (last) FIRST DAY!
- Donuts and beverages provided
- Make sure to bring your blanket!
Bond Construction Update
As the bond construction progresses, we will communicate any necessary changes that will be made to parking and student drop off procedures/locations.