Tech Tips #3.21
Week of February 1, 2016
What Is Kahoot?
Kahoot! is a FREE game-based student response system. Students and teachers can use ANY web-enabled device, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smart phones, with this web-based service.
Students DO NOT need an account to use Kahoot! No usernames or passwords to forget!
All results can be emailed or downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet.
Take it to the next level by having students create their own questions and/or Kahoot! games for review!
How Does Kahoot! Work?
- Teacher will login or create an account at https://getkahoot.com and select a quiz to play.
- Students will go to https://kahoot.it/ on their web-enabled device.
- Teacher will give Game Pin to students by showing on a projected screen.
NOTE: Questions will play on projected screen NOT on the student device.
- Students will enter the Game Pin (given by the teacher or shown on screen) and their Name.
- Teacher will begin using Kahoot! with students.
Kahoot! Video Tutorial
- Create your own quizzes or edit/save quizzes created by others.
- Search/view public quizzes shared by users.
- Create quizzes, discussions based on one question, or surveys.
- See how many times your quizzes have been played and shared.
- Download/save results to Google Drive or Microsoft Excel.
- Play a quiz a second time in Ghost Mode, students play against themselves.