Mission Elementary Weekly News
October 10, 2021
Family Engagement Opportunities
Mano a Mano “Parents Learning to be Better Parents” virtual workshops with Dr. Villarreal.
- Eight sessions -Thursdays from October 7th through December 16th from 5:30-7:30.
- Sessions are presented in Spanish with English interpretation available. All parents, guardians and caregivers are invited to attend.
- Join us to learn about Mission becoming a Community School and family engagement at our school.
- Share your ideas on ways we can best support learning by supporting our students' families.
- The four scheduled meetings on October 20 and 21 will be similar.
- Conferences and Minimum Day Schedule: Parent/caregiver/guardian teacher conferences and minimum day schedule continue through Friday, 10/15. Dismissal will be at 1:05PM. TK and PK schedule does not change. Please pick your student(s) on time.
New Transitional Kinder Schedule Starts Monday, October 18: New schedule will be 8:55 am - 2:50 pm; Wednesdays and minimum days: 8:55 am -1:05pm
Minimum Day: Tuesday, October 19: Teachers' Professional Development Day.
Now-10/15 Parent/Caregiver/Teacher Conferences
Now-10/15 Fall Book Fair
10/13 PTO Meeting @ 6:30 PM Link to AGENDA Meeting ID: 870 8409 1233 - Passcode: PTO
10/18 New TK Schedule: 8:55 am - 2:50 pm; Wednesdays and minimum days: 8:55 am- 1:05 pm
10/19 Minimum Day Tuesday - TK-5th Dismissal at 1:05
10/20 Virtual Cafecito/Coffee with Admin: LCAP Goal 3: Family Engagement
- 5:00 PM English Meeting ID: 847 3347 5473 - Passcode: MISSION
- 5:30 PM Spanish Meeting ID: 876 6979 3348 - Passcode: MISSION
10/21 Virtual Cafecito/Coffee with Admin: LCAP Goal 3: Family Engagement
- 10:00 AM English Meeting ID: 857 7011 2028 - Passcode: MISSION
- 10:30 AM Spanish Meeting ID: 843 6151 6154 - Passcode: MISSION
10/26 School Picture Day
10/27 Student of the Month Recognition
Congratulations to These New Fluent Multilingual Learners
This week we honor nine of Mission's Multilingual Learners who have worked hard to learn English and are now fluent in English: Maily G., Maria G., Danna H., Jose J., Dylan M., Innzaba M., Portia N., Jencarlos P., and Fidel R.
Congratulations scholars, we are so proud of all you have accomplished!
We appreciate you!! Thank you to all those families who participated in last week's Pollo Loco fundraiser and Mission gear sale.
Two Easy Ways You Can Help Mission Scholars:
- Box Tops: Just scan your receipts - see video of how it works. Link download the app.
- AmazonSmile Program: Shop at smile.amazon.com and they’ll donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to Mission Elementary PTO—no fees, no extra cost. Make sure to designate Parent Booster USA Inc Mission Elementary Oceanside PTO as your AmazonSmile charity in your settings.
Family Engagement Policy and School Parent/Caregiver/Guardian Compact