Titan Staff News
Week of September 19
Our students finally feel at home now that they have the Chromebooks in their hands. I appreciate your flexibility as we transitioned to the new devices. Our technology department is working tirelessly to distribute the final 80+ devices to students. As I walked classrooms today, I saw so many great things happening! One of the coolest was the use of www.goformative.com. It's a tool to formatively assess your students that I think many of you will really like using. Give it a try!
Have a great weekend!
This week at Tidwell:
Monday, September 19
7th Pep Rally (during Connect)
Tennis vs Creekview
Tuesday, September 20
AVID Site Team Mtg 8:00 (rm 1225)
8th Pep Rally (during Connect)
Football vs CTMS (7th Texan Stadium/8th NISD Stadium)
Wednesday, September 21
APs at Admin
6th Pep Rally (during Connect)
Thursday, September 22
ICLE Visiting (see schedule)
8th AVID field trip
Lady Titan Vball vs Highland (7th home/8th Highland)
Friday, September 23
College Tshirt Friday!
Leadership Team Mtg 8:00 (AVID hub)
Outstanding Example of a Student Progress Monintoring Tool
Students Already Using Chromebooks!
- Save the Date! Red Ribbon Week is coming! We'll have a guest speaker on Oct 28th for each grade level after their lunch. There will be no bell schedule adjustments.
- Interesting reading about the future of assessment in Texas...Next Generation Assessments and Accountability Commission. This is a Legislative year - contact your local representative and share you concerns!
- Don't forget to join PTA. If we obtain a 100% of the staff as members, we'll receive the Golden Apple award. www.tidwellpta.org
- We have a PTA assistant who is available in our workroom several days as week. Please use our volunteers to help you!
- If you're interested in being a part of our SBDM (site based decision making) committee, or know someone who is, email me!
- Changes coming to our SSI classes! Our C&I department is working to add a progress monitoring/progress report component so parents are aware of how their students are doing in class. More details to come!
Wacky Staff Contest!
Each week we'll feature a Wacky Staff Fact. The first person to guess the correct answer WINS. What could you win?? Well, it could be fun things like snacks, drinks, classroom supplies, extra copies, jeans passes, etc - you just never know! First, we'll need you to submit a strange and unusual fact about yourself via Google form.
Next, we have our first contest!
To win, submit your answer via Twitter!
Which Titan staff member used to sport long hair and was a killer skateboarder in the 80's?
Titan PLC Information
This week we will forgo our Monday PLCs and meet during your conference time on Thursday. Erika Tate will be with us for the day and will be working with each PLC on how to plan using the Rigor rubric. Please meet in the library during your conference time.
Please bring the following:
ICLE Folder with Rigor Rubric
Draft Lesson for the upcoming week
I look forward to spending the day with you all Thursday!