St. Anthony MS
One Team. One Family.
Week Ahead for September 28th - October 2nd
Use what you have.
Do what you can.
- Arthur Ashe
Our School Goals
- 100% of our students will grow in the areas of Math and Reading
- 10% increase in advanced and proficient rating on state testing
- 90% of classroom students will reach their end of the year STAR target goal
A reminder that although it might look different in different classrooms, it is an expectation that prayer is a part of every class. Some classes might have a student sharing a Bible verse, a student could share a prayer that they wrote, the entire class might say a prayer together, the teacher could read a prayer, student(s) might sign a hymn, etc... If you have questions, please reach out to a colleague.
Catherine Nelson is our new CCLC coordinator. If you are interested in helping run a math/literacy related activity/club, such as theater, creative writing, newspaper, chess club, dance, etc..., please reach out to Catherine. You do not need to commit to all five days. CCLC runs from 3:30-5:00pm.
Team Meeting Focus for the Week: (Admin will facilitate)
- ATP Rosters - bring a list of any potential students with you
- Teacher Goals - bring the goal worksheet from this past Thursday, (no need to start or complete the SLO side)
- Student Goal Setting - starting to look at/dig into the new Fall STAR data
This Week's Wednesday Folders
A letter will be going out this Wednesday to encourage parents to talk about what their child is learning about in school. Potential questions for parents to ask their children include: What was the best thing that happened at school today? How did you help somebody today? What was the hardest thing you had to do today? Who in your class do you think you could be nicer to?
Teaching, Learning and Trauma: What Educator Know and Can Do
Each year, Alverno College puts on forums on different topics. The first forum this fall is about Teaching, Learning and Trauma. This is a free offering that promises to be very relevant to our work with our children. Here is the link to additional information.
Thank you for stepping up to provide the much needed additional supervision at 7 by taking turns with your grade-level/elective teams. Please ask a colleague to take your place if you are unable to be there. Here is the schedule:
Mondays = 6th grade teacher and Katie
Tuesdays = 8th grade teacher and Shelly
Wednesdays = Dan and Shelly
Thursdays = Elective teacher and Katie
Fridays = 7th grade teacher and Dan
Everyday = Jenny and Elizabeth
Schedule for the Week
Monday (Black B Day)
Tuesday (Maroon A Day)
- Mass and all students will report to homerooms (could be team building activities, assemblies start next week)
Wednesday (Gold B Day)
- 9:03am Reschedule 7th Grade Team Meeting (Thank you!)
- 10:25am Rescheduled Elective Team Meeting (Thank you!)
- 2:00pm 8th Grade Team Meeting
- Wednesday student folders go home.
- Please upload your lesson plans for the week of October 5th to the Google Drive folders by/on Thursday (tomorrow).
Thursday (Black A Day)
- Early Dismissal for Professional Development in the building. (Professional Development at the High School with Father Cliff has been canceled.)
- Chuck E Cheese Fundraiser from 3-9pm at 2701 S. Chase. Staff will receive a personal pizza or salad with a small soda with school ID.
Friday (Maroon B Day)
- 7:45am 6th Grade Team Meeting