You're turning keyboards into catapults, hurling depression.
Three differences between cyberbullying & bullying
- Cyberbullying can happen 24/7, and reach a kid when he or she is alone, day or night.
- Cyberbullying messages and images can be posted anonymously and distribute quickly to a very wide audience, nearly impossible to trace the source.
- Deleting posts is difficult to obtain and take back.
Effects of cyberbullying
- Use of drugs and alcohol
- Lower self-esteem
- Health problems
- Poor grades
- Fails to attend school
Reporting a Cyberbully
- Don't respond or forward any cyberbully message.
- Keep evidence of cyberbullying. Record everything from dates to time pictures or videos.
- Block the person who is cyberbullying.
Report to your School
- The school can use the information to help inform prevention and response strategy
- They're required to address cyberbullying in anti-bullying policy. Some cover off campus behavior that creates hostile school environment.