September 17, 2021
Winchester Purpose & Mission
Winchester is a Leader in Me school with a common purpose to inspire students to be critical thinkers and problem-solvers who demonstrate responsibility for themselves and respect for others.
Learning together, Leading forever!
Northville Heritage Festival
COVID Safety and Mitigation Plans
As we come together in learning this year, it is important to remember to perform at-home self-monitoring using the COVID-19 Daily Student Symptom Screening Tool. This screener serves as a daily reminder that children who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (or ANY illness) need to stay home from school. This is an important measure that will help prevent or reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our schools. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation in using this screener each school day. In addition to the daily screener students and staff are required to wear masks while indoors.
Lunch Program - September Updates
School lunch if free for all students for the 2021-22 school year!
Parents, please review these important reminders on ordering lunch through Nutrislice:
- Make sure you are putting in the correct student Id # and the correct teacher name so your child's lunch order is directed to the correct child and building.
- While lunch is free for everyone, when you order an extra slice of pizza it will cost $1.75
- Milk is free with a lunch order but if you are buying MILK ONLY it will cost $.50
Families must preorder lunches for preschools and elementary students. Orders must be in by 8:30 AM for elementary students to receive a lunch that day. The system will not allow you to order after the time listed above. For your convenience, meals can be preordered up to 30 days in advance. To avoid any issues, we recommend ordering the night before.
Become a Member of the PTA
Welcome Students, Families, and Staff! We are excited to begin the 2021-2022 school year and are already hard at work planning activities for our students and families to enjoy. Our Winchester PTA mission is to support and lead parent, teacher, and student efforts toward the best educational experience possible. We coordinate student enrichment activities and social events that enhance our students’ school life and bring the Winchester community together.
What does the Winchester PTA provide?
● Family programs and Community events
● Junior Enrichment Series (enriching and interactive presentations during the school day)
● Teacher stipends to enhance classrooms and lessons
● Field Day, March is Reading Month, Book Fair
● Student directory (only available with PTA membership)
How do we raise money for this?
Invest in Your Child is a donation to the Winchester PTA, which gives you the opportunity to support our students and staff directly. Through the generous donations of our Winchester families, we can provide a variety of enrichment programs, activities, and family-centered opportunities.
How can I get involved?
● Visit https://winchesterpta.memberhub.com/store, where you can purchase a PTA membership and donate to the Winchester PTA Invest in Your Child fundraiser (bundled and non-bundled options are available) as well as purchase a 2021-22 yearbook. PTA membership includes access to a student directory and voting privileges in the Winchester PTA.
● Check out our Winchester PTA website for more information on our organization and the ways you can get involved.
The PTA runs on the volunteer energy of our families, and we would love to have you join us! We have opportunities to match with your interests, talents, and time. It takes an entire community of volunteers to pull off this magic! If you have any questions, please reach out to Stephanie Smith, PTA President, at email@example.com.
Winchester Elementary Spirit Wear
Every Friday is Winchester Spirit Day. Show your Winchester pride by wearing your favorite Winchester shirt!
If you would like to purchase Winchester spirit wear, you can now purchase your items online in 3 easy steps:
1. Scan the QR code or go online to https://winchesterelementary2021.itemorder.com/
2. Choose your items and add them to your cart
3. Securely checkout with your credit card
Online Store Deadline: Thursday, September 30th, 2021 (11:59pm EDT)
Order your Winchester Elementary Yearbook in our PTA Store! Please order by December 31st to help us accurately determine the full order quantity. Yearbooks are $17 each (includes shipping to the school and MI sales tax). If you’d like to help build our yearbook, please contact the PTA Yearbook Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Pictures for Yearbook
Please submit First Day of School and Heritage Festival pictures by September 30th for yearbook inclusion! The attached file provides details of how to submit pictures at www.images.balfour.com or using the Balfour ImageShare app. Images must be high-resolution .jpg or .png format.
The Yearbook Committee will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We cannot guarantee that all submissions can be used (for example, low picture quality), but we do make every effort to utilize all images. We need and appreciate all picture submissions as these make up a large part of our yearbook each year! Please submit only high-resolution photos that are school related activities/clubs.
Calling all girls interested in making friends and having adventures! If you have not already, please fill out the google form below and we will get you more information. Any questions, contact Laura Paredes at email@example.com.
Northville Youth Network (NYN) - Wellness Wednesday Programs
Our October schedule is out and we have some great programming for all ages. These programs are free to all students and pre-registration is required.
Kids Yoga & Mindfulness at Millenium Park for Littles (ages 5-8)
Kids Yoga & Mindfulness at Millennium Park for Tweens (ages 9-12)
The Power of Pressure - What Pressure is, what it looks like and how to harness it for academic, social and athletic success - for Teens (ages 13-18) via zoom
With our elementary aged programs happening in the next 3 weeks, I’m hoping you can share with your Winchester student families via your listserv or school newsletter. I’ve included some info along with a flyer that could be shared. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Come join the Northville Youth Network for a Wellness Wednesday program in October! There is something for all ages (5-18). Programming supports the wellbeing of our youth and is FREE!
Kids Yoga & Mindfulness
October 6th - Littles (ages 5-8)
October 13th - Tweens (ages 9-12)
Exercise your body and mind with a fun and engaging yoga class, while learning about how to be mindful.
The Power of Pressure
October 27th - Teens (ages 13-18)
Learn about the Power of Pressure - what it is, how it affects us, and how we can harness the power of it for social, academic and athletic success.
Pre-registration is required at bit.ly/nynwelless . See the flyer for more details.
Northville Public Schools is hiring the following part-time positions:
- Food Service Assistant: Please visit www.northvilleschools.org click on the "Employment Tab" and select "Current Job Openings" for more information.
- Lunch/Recess Monitor: Please contact the school principal for more information.
- Substitute Teachers, Paraprofessionals, Para Educators: Substitute employment opportunities can be found through educational placement services at EDUStaff. Northville Public Schools uses this service for placement of teachers, K-12 Paraprofessionals, Para Educators and Office Support. If you are interested in becoming a Substitute, please visit www.edustaff.org/ or call (877)974-6338 for more information.