Two day ecoprint workshop focusing on eucalyptus
May 30-31 2020, Long Compton, Warwickshire
Come and spend 2 days in my Warwickshire garden and studio, learning to get those elusive reds.
Who is the workshop for?
- Complete beginners. Eucalyptus is the perfect leaf for beginners. Guaranteed satisfaction! The techniques you will learn can be extrapolated to other kinds of leaves.
- Experienced printers who have not had much chance to work with eucalyptus - or who are not getting the results they want
- Anyone,whatever their level of experience, who wants a relaxing but informative ecoprinting retreat with like minded people
What we will cover
- How to process eucalyptus and fabric to get those reds
- How to cook your bundles using both steaming and immersion methods
- Working with and without barriers
- Working primarily with wool and silk, the fabrics with which it is easiest to get reds, but we will also cover how to treat cellulose fabrics ( linen, cotton, viscose) to get red prints on those too
- How to grow eucalyptus even in a small garden, and where to source it if you can't grow it yourself
- Which UK varieties of eucalyptus will print
- How to test eucalyptus to find out if it will print red
- How to store eucalyptus for later use
We will start by making samples using various different techniques, and progress to printing larger pieces, scarves and clothing
What is included:
- A selection of eucalyptus - home grown, locally gathered, and florist bought - varieties that are tried and trusted to give reds
- Sample cloth for day one including wool, silk, and linen treated for you with soya and ready to print
- A generous square of luxurious heavy wool, big enough to make the front of a cushion or bag
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks and cookies
- Lunch on day one will be bring and share, lunch on day 2 will be provided
There is plenty of accommodation in the village and nearby towns, at various price points.
Please feel free to contact me for accommodation and transport advice