ESC REGION 10 SOCIAL STUDIES UPDATE
Hello From Your New R10 Social Studies K-12 Consultant
Happy November! I sincerely hope that this fall has been productive and wonderful for you and your students. We have some exciting professional development opportunities coming this Spring. As always, I am always available to help you with resources and would be happy to come out and work with you to support any needs you have. Please follow us on Twitter and sign up for the Social Studies Listserv.
Look for us on Twitter - @Region10SS
Looking forward to creating a community of Social Studies Educators!
Come Join the Fun!
Fall Sessions Still Available!
- 11/10 - Teaching Free Enterprise w/ SMU-Cox O'Neil Center @SMU, Dallas TX (3-12)
- 12/11 - Primary Source Documents: A Lens to Critical Thinking @ Red Oak ISD, Red Oak TX (6-12)
- 1/15 - Ready, Set, Go: Reaching for the STAARs with Law Related Education @ Royce City ISD, Royce City TX (6-12)
Spring Sessions Coming Soon! (All At Region 10)
- 1/18 - Thinking Like a Historian (AM)
- 1/18 - Primary Sources: A Lens to Critical Thinking (PM)
- 1/28 - Thinking Like a Geographer (AM)
- 1/28 - Primary Sources: A Lens to Critical Thinking (PM)
- 3/4 - Thinking Like a Historian (TRS Districts ONLY) (AM)
- 3/4 - TRS Unit Assessments in Social Studies (TRS Districts ONLY) (PM)
- 3/29 - Creating History Labs
- 4/16 - Teaching Controversial Topics in Social Studies (AM)
- 4/16 - Making Them Think: Engaging Critical Thinking Strategies (PM)
- 4/30 - How Do I Make Time for Social Studies? (AM)
- 4/30 - Making Them Think: Engaging Critical Thinking Strategies (PM)
- 5/22 - Creating History Labs