Join Our Wiggly Worms Classroom
Meet The Teacher
- Please check and empty folders daily.
- Return all important papers as soon as you can.
- Please remember to pack a small snack for your child each day (it should be an item your child can open independently).
- Remember to email or call with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Don't forget to keep sending your box tops to help support our school.
Word Work: Will introduce the following sight words this month: like, to, can, we, will.
Words we have already introduced: a, I, see, me, like, look, at. Please frequently review these words with your child when reading at home.
The easier your child can identify these words the easier reading independently will be for them.
This month we will make tally marks when counting objects or responses to a question. As we continue to use this skill, students will begin to graph information and analyze the data using words such as greater than, less than and equal to.
Towards the middle of March we will begin our focus on patterning. Students will be able to create and identify patterns and the pattern unit. We will also continue to focus on counting and writing numbers 0-20. Students who are able and ready to count further will be encouraged to do so.
Vocabulary: Texas, Lone Star, Alamo, Bluebonnet, Mockingbird, Pecan tree, Cowboy, Cowboy boots, hat, Cowgirl, Armadillo, Rope, Horse