University of Oklahoma
A Public University
Cost of the Undergraduate College
Tuition and Fees
In State: $9,495
Out of State: $22,269
Room and Board
Books and Supplies
Estimated Personal Expenses
Total In State: $24,168
Total Out of State: $36,942
The Application Fee is $40
Admission Statistics on Students
Average SAT Score:
- Math: 540-670
- Critical Reading: 520-670
Average ACT Composite Score: 23-29
Average GPA: 3.5+
Number of Undergraduate Students: 21,844
Percentage of Students Admitted: 81% of students who apply get admitted in to OU.
Financial Aid: Undergraduates typically have 46% of their financial needs met through scholarships and grants. The other 54% is covered through loans,jobs, and work-study programs.
- 88% of all first year students live in college housing
- 32% of all undergraduates live in college housing
- The following are types of housing available on campus:
-Apartments for Married Students
-Apartments for Single Students
-Fraternity/ Sorority Housing
-Special Housing for Disabled Students
-Special Housing for International Students
*No Pets Allowed
**Freshmen ARE permitted to have cars on campus
The University of Oklahoma is a member of the NCAA Division I sports with the team name of "Sooners". This college has a wide range of sports for men and women such as basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, football, track, and soccer. Many of these sports offer scholarships to the players. As a whole, the college has 26 national championships and 240 team conference championships.
The University of Oklahoma has a large support system for its students. One of the way it supports students is through Greek Life. 26% of the men join fraternities while 30% of the women join sororities. The University also supports students through counseling and wellness services, academic support services, and services for students with disabilities.
The university of Oklahoma has not only a wide variety of sports and Greek Life, but a large variety of other activates as well. Some of these activities included marching band, the preforming arts, government and political activities, a student news paper organization, and a yearbook organization.
Percent of Students - Popular Major
13%- Interdisciplinary Studies
10%- Health Professions
6%- Liberal Arts
5%- Social Sciences
5%- Visual and Performing Arts
OU ranks number 1 in the nation among all public institutions in the number of National Merit Scholars enrolled, with more than 750 National Merit Scholars.
OU Outreach is one of the largest continuing higher education organizations in the nation and annually serves more than 200,000 learners around the world.
OU has one of the oldest comprehensive colleges of fine arts in the Great Plains states, with highly regarded schools of Music, Drama, Art and Dance, and programs in opera, musical theater and sculpture.
In honor of OU’s 125th anniversary, the University has launched a $500 million private fundraising campaign, of which the largest component is to raise $100 million to provide undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships.
The Princeton Review consistently ranks OU among the best in the nation in terms of academic excellence and cost for students.