By: William Davis
1. Always ask your parents' permission before using your full name, address, telephone number or school name anywhere on the Internet.
2. Always tell your parents or guardian if you see something online that you know is wrong or that makes you feel uncomfortable.
3. Don't respond to messages that make you feel uncomfortable or uneasy.
4. Never give out a credit card number or password online.
5. Never send out your picture without your parents' permission.
6. Be careful when someone offers you something for nothing, such as gifts or money.
7. Don't ever accept a gift or an offer that involves having someone visit your house.
8. Never arrange to meet someone you've met online in person unless you discuss it with your parents and an adult goes with you.
9. Talk to your parents to set up rules for going online. Decide with them the best time of day to be online, the length of time to be online, and appropriate areas to visit.
10. Get to know your "online friends" just as you get to know all of your other friends. Be sure that you are dealing with someone that you and your parents know and trust before giving out any personal information about yourself via email.